Which CC member do you think you'd like to meet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru
Ah of course we do, I have wondered about where you are based as your rides do cover a lot of very familiar roads! We can't be far away, possibly we've waved at each other before. 😄

Given more time to think I'm going to add the following since they all seem very interesting people, and reasonably nice at the very least!
@HobbesOnTour
@Blue Hills
@Juan Kog
@Joey Shabadoo
@classic33
@Tenkaykev
@C R

All good eggs. 😊
Are you sure you didn't make a mistake including me in that list? I think it is the first time ever someone thinks I might be interesting, must show this to my children :laugh:.

C R

Guru
In the same vein as @CanucksTraveller and @Juan Kog above, @twentysix by twentyfive, @Eribiste and @Donger seem to cover areas that overlap with mine. We may even have passed each other at some point in the lanes of South Worcestershire and North Gloucestershire, but no way of knowing.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I've been lucky enough to meet a number of CCers over the years, and everyone has been absolutely lovely.
There's also been huge generosity when I was raising money for an epilepsy charity a few years back, unsolicited generosity through gifts and competition prizes, splendid hospitality when I have stopped over while cycle touring, and excellent company out on rides.
I love you all, and if it was possible, I would bear your babies :thumbsup:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
In the same vein as @CanucksTraveller and @Juan Kog above, @twentysix by twentyfive, @Eribiste and @Donger seem to cover areas that overlap with mine. We may even have passed each other at some point in the lanes of South Worcestershire and North Gloucestershire, but no way of knowing.

I'm certain I've seen @Donger going in the opposite direction to me a couple of times at least. I've also met @Kbrook and @jowwy, both business though, bought a bike off Kbrook and some wheels off jowwy. There is a member here I'm friends with but I've known him from days well before CC.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Indeed. I'd love to meet my CC locals. I did actually meet @Donger in Tewkesbury as we set off on an Audax a few short years ago. I recognised him as he looks just like his avatar and so I introduced myself. I'd like to think I was brave enough to look like mine. @Aravis is another local who gets some big miles in in the N Gloucs/Worcs area.

yello

Indeed. I'd love to meet my CC locals. I did actually meet @Donger in Tewkesbury as we set off on an Audax a few short years ago. I recognised him as he looks just like his avatar and so I introduced myself. I'd like to think I was brave enough to look like mine. @Aravis is another local who gets some big miles in in the N Gloucs/Worcs area.
I did the 'something or other' (would have been a 100) from Tewkesbury in, um, 2017.... and I ride an Aravis! Maybe I've met some CCers!!

I did meet a couple of YACFers on a Shropshire audax that same year.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Are you sure you didn't make a mistake including me in that list? I think it is the first time ever someone thinks I might be interesting, must show this to my children :laugh:.
If you have children someone must have found you interesting...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Indeed. I'd love to meet my CC locals.
It is simple to organise a forum ride! Do it a few times and you will have to beat them off with sticks!

I would have loved to meet any of you, but as you don't want to meet me you can all just keep pedalling!👅
Watch it, or I'll call your bluff! :okay:

All being well, I'm going to be coming down to the Exeter/Crediton area regularly over the next 10 or so and I now have a bike permanently stationed at my sister's cottage. Hopefully, I will still be able to cope with the hills of Devon, Cornwall and Somerset...

I will organise a forum ride or two down there every year. You'd be welcome to come along! (As would anybody else from that neck of the woods.)

All uphill

Still rolling along
It is simple to organise a forum ride! Do it a few times and you will have to beat them off with sticks!

Watch it, or I'll call your bluff! :okay:

All being well, I'm going to be coming down to the Exeter/Crediton area regularly over the next 10 or so and I now have a bike permanently stationed at my sister's cottage. Hopefully, I will still be able to cope with the hills of Devon, Cornwall and Somerset...

I will organise a forum ride or two down there every year. You'd be welcome to come along! (As would anybody else from that neck of the woods.)
I'd love that!

Sulk withdrawn.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'd love that!

Sulk withdrawn.
I'm still exploring, so it will take me a while to find my way around the area. I have already found some nice routes, but many of the really quiet roads were possibly a bit too steep and narrow for a forum ride. The flatter roads were a bit too busy... There must be plenty in between those 2 extremes though.

I will probably ask for ideas from locals before I come down again, next spring. I also intend to come down in the summer and autumn. I'll 'tag' you when I am planning something to make sure that you don't miss it.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I would have loved to meet any of you, but as you don't want to meet me you can all just keep pedalling!👅

You're another one I'm quite likely to have passed, around and about the Devon and Somerset lanes ..

Although of course I ride so very fast that you'll most likely just have caught a brief flash of silvery grey frame, and heard the whoosh of rubber on tarmac .

Then wondered, 'what the very heck' was that.??'

Plus I never said I didn't want to meet you..

I just thought any kind of list could either leave some feeling socially excluded..:blink:

Or elsewise, more likely the 'chosen' ones just a little bit fearful..:eek:

Top Bottom