Which CC member do you think you'd like to meet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'm certain I've seen @Donger going in the opposite direction to me a couple of times at least. I've also met @Kbrook and @jowwy, both business though, bought a bike off Kbrook and some wheels off jowwy. There is a member here I'm friends with but I've known him from days well before CC.
Did you buy my Zipp 202s????

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
That used to be me ^_^ I thought I could right the wrongs of the muddle-headed but then came Brexit and I realised there's millions of the beggars, so I gave up. Probably why I haven't joined NACA.

No one ever had their mind changed by what someone said in a confrontation on the Web.

C R

Guru
Indeed. I'd love to meet my CC locals. I did actually meet @Donger in Tewkesbury as we set off on an Audax a few short years ago. I recognised him as he looks just like his avatar and so I introduced myself. I'd like to think I was brave enough to look like mine. @Aravis is another local who gets some big miles in in the N Gloucs/Worcs area.
Of course, @Aravis also covers similar routes, he even once posted a photo of one of my favourite gates!

I have been toying with the idea of organising a round Worcester forum ride, but I am too lazy to actually do anything about it, and also am too slow to keep up with you guys.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I'm still exploring, so it will take me a while to find my way around the area. I have already found some nice routes, but many of the really quiet roads were possibly a bit too steep and narrow for a forum ride. The flatter roads were a bit too busy... There must be plenty in between those 2 extremes though.

I will probably ask for ideas from locals before I come down again, next spring. I also intend to come down in the summer and autumn. I'll 'tag' you when I am planning something to make sure that you don't miss it.
I'll offer to assist with routes, though be aware that I have a (completely undeserved) reputation.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
It is simple to organise a forum ride! Do it a few times and you will have to beat them off with sticks!
I have been toying with the idea of organising a round Worcester forum ride, but I am too lazy to actually do anything about it, and also am too slow to keep up with you guys.

I'll bear it in mind for some warmer weather and less pericarditis :okay:. Speed of the slowest as is always the rule for group rides (or first to the pub buys all of the rounds :laugh:)

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Of course, @Aravis also covers similar routes, he even once posted a photo of one of my favourite gates!

Don't worry about that, rule 1 of any forum ride is you go at the pace of the slowest rider.

Reactions: C R

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I've read a couple of mentions of this now, but I'm none the wiser. It must have occurred during one of my periods away - but I don't recall when it was. I do remember coming back one time to find the mood had changed and a number of posters (who had started to wind me up and perhaps even prompted me taking a break!) were gone. Try as I might, I cannot now remember those names.

Yes, I've often heard mention of the Grand Flounce but noone ever gives the back story. It was before my time but the Old Ones still speak of it in hushed tones .....

AuroraSaab

Veteran
When I get a bit fed up with the snarkiness on the NACA bit of the forum I just remind myself that there are so many folk on here whose contributions are never anything other than helpful, positive, and kind. Just look at the support given to people with health issues on the Personal forum, or those who patiently help newbies with technical issues, or who search for deals for folk.

@vickster and @annedonnelly, and @classic33 stand out - they always have time to help out or post a kind word. I can't imagine they would be any different in real life.

Last edited:
Top Bottom