Which foot do you unclip? or which should you unclip?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
don't use clips, but have toe straps so similar. usually I will stand on my right leg when I get off the bike, so right - this generally has the effect of forcing vehicles to give me more room or wait for me to move away first.
(I will add this has come about from not having full control over my left foot from various accidents/dog bites and it is the one I have trouble getting into the toe strap, so 'unclipping' with my right make more sense in my case.0

Andrew_P

In between here and there
When I first started I decided to always unclip the same foot, which is my right although I am left footed. Don't know why, I should alternate them as the cleats on my right wear out a lot quicker!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Another Left here. No particular reason for it other than habit, and the fact that I can sometimes put my foot down on a raised pavement when doing so meaning I can stay sat on the saddle.

GrasB

Veteran
The 'trailing' leg when I'm about to stop. I've developed a feel for this now & can unclip the correct foot a good 20m away from the stopping point (spot the fixed gear rider).

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
M is miles every time for me, unless it is obvious those nasty French Metres are what is meant which isn't always so obvious. I also ride a 25" frame because I don't know what 64 cm's looks like or is that 640 mm's or 0.64 m?

Can anyone explain what Luddite means btw?

Top Bottom