Which Nutters cycled in then......?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Downward

Guru
BrumJim said:
Bottled it again this morning - thick snow on pavements, and even main roads are rather slushy.

Monday - car.
Tuesday - Bicycle
Wednesday - Train.

Thursday? How about bus?

Stayed at home today - Can't get out to drop the kids off else I'd be on the bike to work

redjedi

Über Member
Didn't risk it again today after the snow last night/this morning.

3" deep around the side roads, slushy and slippery on the main roads.

It will probably be icy again tomorrow, hopefully it will clear by friday.

This is getting boring now. Isn't it time the government stepped in and did something? What do I pay all these taxes for anyway? ;)

I cycled yesterday and it was fairly nice. Oh how dissapointing it was to look out the window this morning. Something must be wrong with me when i'm actually getting angry at the weather. Think i'll go outside and pick a fight with it later.

redjedi said:
Didn't risk it again today after the snow last night/this morning.

3" deep around the side roads, slushy and slippery on the main roads.

It will probably be icy again tomorrow, hopefully it will clear by friday.

This is getting boring now. Isn't it time the government stepped in and did something? What do I pay all these taxes for anyway? :biggrin:

We need a Minister for Weather Procurement, is what we need. Someone we can hold responsible, lampoon, investigate and ultimately fail to re-elect.

Origamist

Legendary Member
A couple of inches of snow and the roads were crawling again in S London. Lots of black mush on the A-Roads, but no ice.

Got out of my house and fell over, slid down the drive and onto the road. Fortunately a parked car stopped me from sliding into some ones drive. Sheet ice out there all over my road so I have phoned in and told them I am staying at home. :biggrin:

If I can't even walk then I certainly am not riding!

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
SE London was awful. Headed out into the cul-de-sac at 7 something, thinking the main road would be clear. An inch of fresh snow on everything, with a quarter inch of ice underneath on most.

5 miles on, I'd still not seen any traction. Cars are bumper to bumper, lots of sliding. After Elmers End, I bailed and headed home. Average speed was 3 mph. Walking was faster. Couldn't get around the cars.

Awful. Fingers frozen!

gbb

Legendary Member
Last commute for a week yesterday and its occured to me i havn't missed one because of the weather. There's been days where i've taken the car but thats because i've needed it to get stuff home for a working trip to Egypt tomorrow.
Even though the snows mostly gone here and the roads are clear, i still felt the car slip a little on bends this morning. It strikes me i'm safer on the bike :biggrin:

rh100

There is a few inches here, and still falling. I've stayed off since all this started. Chap passed me this morning making his own path through fresh snow on the slip road on his mountain bike - must be hard going. main roads seem ok, side roads that are in use are getting a smooth surface - had trouble just walking over one of them.

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
It took me nearly an hour to do what is normally a half-hour commute. Main roads not too bad, it's like cycling in heavy rain surface wise but the traffic was horrendous and with so many cars that hadn't had the snow wiped off their side windows, indicators or mirrors I decided that slow and steady was the sensible way to go.

Wish I hadn't forgotten my spare pants though, they're soaked!

redjedi

Über Member
Wheeledweenie said:
It took me nearly an hour to do what is normally a half-hour commute. Main roads not too bad, it's like cycling in heavy rain surface wise but the traffic was horrendous and with so many cars that hadn't had the snow wiped off their side windows, indicators or mirrors I decided that slow and steady was the sensible way to go.

Wish I hadn't forgotten my spare pants though, they're soaked!

So two bras but no pants, perhaps something could cobbled together from the extra bra :biggrin:

(unless you're talking american when you say pants, in which case stop watching so much amercan TV :biggrin:)

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
redjedi said:
So two bras but no pants, perhaps something could cobbled together from the extra bra :biggrin:

(unless you're talking american when you say pants, in which case stop watching so much amercan TV :biggrin:)

No I am indeed talking about pants in the British sense! Did have a spare bra and socks but they're no help unfortunately. Am starting to dry out but can't get up as the arse of my jeans is now damp. Colleagues have been less than supportive! :biggrin:

Top Bottom