Which Nutters cycled in then......?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brickisred

Bongman said:
Oh my god!!!

I’ve just finished my commute. It is deadly out there. At one point there was more sideways movement from my bike than forward movement! It had just started raining.

...Agree. I should have stuck to the roads today!
Trail was almost impossible to cycle on, went across some fields in the end as it was the only place I could get any traction. Stuck to the roads for the rest of the way.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
A random frame-grab from this morning's trip to work:

AVI_0001130_0001.jpg

Armegatron

A touch of ice this morning on side roads but main roads were clear (although wet). Was a nice ride though. Even had time to spot a bump between two cars at a roundabout. First commute of 2010.

Downward

Guru
BrumJim said:
No need to grit Harborne. Everyone there drives drives 4x4s anyway...:smile:

Much better this morning. Not frozen, roads good and traffic courteous to a fault. Winter is over.

Haha the houses may be big one side but the rest of harborne is just 1 step up from worlds end !

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
skudupnorth said:
Everyone tell's me that after a bad winter such as this we should get an amazing summer....here's hoping because i'm riding to Cornwall in May !

Blooming cold winter last year - less snow, but freezing....didn't happen that nice summer...booooo

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
fossyant said:
Blooming cold winter last year - less snow, but freezing....didn't happen that nice summer...booooo
Bugger ! ...."Dear Santa,thanks for the Goretex jacket you brought ,can you add a belated set of waterproof leggings please" :smile:

skudupnorth said:
Everyone tell's me that after a bad winter such as this we should get an amazing summer....here's hoping because i'm riding to Cornwall in May !

No, no - remember, we've had a barbecue summer and a mild winter, just like the long range forecast said we would, because everyone knows they are never wrong...

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
fossyant said:

Actually it was quite a decent summer in London. I rely on dry weather for my work, so I tend to pay some attention. 2007 was the terrible summer.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Well, reckon this is the end of nutter-type commuting for me, back to cold, wet and generally miserable commutes.

I'll clean up the 'cross bike and put it away, slicks again tomorrow.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
BentMikey said:
Actually it was quite a decent summer in London. I rely on dry weather for my work, so I tend to pay some attention. 2007 was the terrible summer.

You are nearer the Equator than us lot. Used to work with a guy from Essex who always said the weather was better than up Manchester. ;)

GrasB

Veteran
palinurus said:
Well, reckon this is the end of nutter-type commuting for me, back to cold, wet and generally miserable commutes.

I'll clean up the 'cross bike and put it away, slicks again tomorrow.

I went to 23c slicks beginning of this week, after 3 of spiked tyres it's a real revelation to be on a sharp, light & aggressive bike again... I'd forgotten what real acceleration is :sad: :sad:

Top Bottom