Which Nutters cycled in then......?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
potsy said:
Gonna be very wet out there for next few days with all the ice melting,thank fook for full mudguards and over-shoes.
Did a recce of my cycle commute today in the car and there are 1 or 2 nasty looking holes that weren't there last month,will have to be in the middle of the road to avoid some of em.

Washway Road was one big nasty pot hole before the ice and snow,i dread to think what it is like now !:tongue:

potsy

Rambler
skudupnorth said:
Washway Road was one big nasty pot hole before the ice and snow,i dread to think what it is like now !:tongue:
Fortunately don't often cycle on that road,but the worst road for me is Wythenshawe road near the park,awful.

AlanW

Guru
Grave error of judgement this morning!

Rode to work down the tow path again, what a huge and terrible mistake. :biggrin:

50 minutes to do just 5 miles, and I lost count how many times I came very close to taking a tumble. :sad:

Studded tyres or not, slush is absolute evil stuff to ride in and at my age I should really have known better. Let alone go looking for trouble at 6 o'clock in the morning....:ohmy:

Needless to say I came home the long way on tarmac! There are some huge potholes appeared I noticed. :angry:

AlanW said:

Rode to work down the tow path again, what a huge and terrible mistake. :biggrin:

50 minutes to do just 5 miles, and I lost count how many times I came very close to taking a tumble. :sad:

Studded tyres or not, slush is absolute evil stuff to ride in and at my age I should really have known better. Let alone go looking for trouble at 6 o'clock in the morning....:ohmy:

Needless to say I came home the long way on tarmac! There are some huge potholes appeared I noticed. :angry:

Similar thing for me this morning, but it was a rutted and fully iced up track. First time I've been late in 25 years!

Christopher

Über Member
started again yesterday, using a busy B-road rather than the cyclepath which is just all ice. Drivers aren't being too agressive though.

Was going fine until I hit a ridge of wet ice and fell off, re-opened an abrasion on my right knee that had only just healed :biggrin:... still all the ice will be gone by tomorrow I think. Good riddance.

Back to the usual rain next week, still the evenings are just starting to draw out now.

GrasB

Veteran
Well on the way home today I had to maintain primary on almost all the roads as the wheel tracks were so littered with surface imperfections & pot holes that trying to maintain any speed was basically suicidal in a secondary position. To give you an idea how bad some where cars were slowing down in places where they couldn't pull over.

On the upside the roads are just wet & muddy at worst so all those miles on supper heavy studded tyres with stupidly high rolling resistance seems to translate into silly speeds on the fixie :biggrin:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
BentMikey said:
Really - what's it like between the two traffic barriers? I.e. along the Pagoda?

A bit slippery at the traffic barrier at the Albert Bridge Road end of Carriage Drive North. The worst bit I came across was half way down Carriage Drive East, by the Millennium building. Bottled out and walked for twenty metres. Good luck, if you hav'n't made the trip home yet.

Plax

Guru
AlanW said:

Rode to work down the tow path again, what a huge and terrible mistake. :blush:

50 minutes to do just 5 miles, and I lost count how many times I came very close to taking a tumble. ;)

Studded tyres or not, slush is absolute evil stuff to ride in and at my age I should really have known better. Let alone go looking for trouble at 6 o'clock in the morning....;)

Needless to say I came home the long way on tarmac! There are some huge potholes appeared I noticed. :blush:

I had the same on Thursday home time. The snow on the shared use path had started to melt and it was all slush. Horrid stuff. Really hard to cycle on and I kept feeling the bike going. Thankfully never fell. Friday I took the main road to avoid it. Glad I did as a work colleague ran in and said she slipped twice & fell on the path as it had frozen in parts.

Plax

Guru
AlanW said:

Studded tyres or not, slush is absolute evil stuff to ride in and at my age I should really have known better. Let alone go looking for trouble at 6 o'clock in the morning....:biggrin:

Needless to say I came home the long way on tarmac! There are some huge potholes appeared I noticed. ;)

I had the same on Thursday home time. The snow on the shared use path had started to melt and it was all slush. Horrid stuff. Really hard to cycle on and I kept feeling the bike going. Thankfully never fell. Friday I took the main road to avoid it. Glad I did as a work colleague ran in and said she slipped twice & fell on the path as it had frozen in parts.

Bloody lightweights,I just got home from tonights commute and it was a bit mellow and not as bad as I expected.

The usual suspects were around,boy racers and rain.

Top Bottom