Which Nutters cycled in then......?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bloody lightweights,I just got home from tonights commute and it was a bit mellow and not as bad as I expected.

The usual suspects were around,boy racers and rain.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
All the snow has gone, so I thought. Cut down this lane today to find it blocked with a couple of feet of (icy) snow in places. Walked through a muddy field in my SPD-SLs to get past it all, couldn't get them clipped in after until I'd immersed my feet in a large puddle to get the mud off. Rode 15 miles with wet feet.

Nice and warm today though. No other troubles except whopping great potholes everywhere.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
All the snow has gone, so I thought. Cut down this lane today to find it blocked with a couple of feet of (icy) snow in places. Walked through a muddy field in my SPD-SLs to get past it all, couldn't get them clipped in after until I'd immersed my feet in a large puddle to get the mud off. Rode 15 miles with wet feet.

Nice and warm today though. No other troubles except whopping great potholes everywhere.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
SNOWS BACK !!!! Bit of a bugger now because the MTB is in the shop having it's crash repairs sorted and i don't think the Hybrid will like this stuff :bravo:
Might have to join the ranks of traffic jams tomorrow which is not nice :smile:

potsy

Rambler
skudupnorth said:
SNOWS BACK !!!! Bit of a bugger now because the MTB is in the shop having it's crash repairs sorted and i don't think the Hybrid will like this stuff :bravo:
Might have to join the ranks of traffic jams tomorrow which is not nice :smile:
Was just thinking the same about tomorrow,not sure how long it will last this time,hopefully gone soon.
-3 forecast overnight so might be a car day:sad:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Just got back from Dunham Park near Alty and it seems to be melting at a fair pace,main roads are clear but getting full of big puddles,side roads are still white.........and now to the news ! :wacko:

potsy

Rambler
skudupnorth said:
Just got back from Dunham Park near Alty and it seems to be melting at a fair pace,main roads are clear but getting full of big puddles,side roads are still white.........and now to the news ! :wacko:
Are bikes allowed in there skudupnorth? Always thought it would be a nice little trip out,only ever been there in the car years ago.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
potsy said:
Are bikes allowed in there skudupnorth? Always thought it would be a nice little trip out,only ever been there in the car years ago.
Not unless you are under five with a pink Barbie bike LOL !!!! I'm afraid it's only walkers allowed in there.Tatton is good for bikes but you still have to watch for cars driving through the estate.

potsy

Rambler
skudupnorth said:
Not unless you are under five with a pink Barbie bike LOL !!!! I'm afraid it's only walkers allowed in there.Tatton is good for bikes but you still have to watch for cars driving through the estate.
Ah that's me out then,though I do ride like a girl at times:biggrin:
Been to Tatton a few times now it's a nice place to go on the bike,just in my range to 20 miles or so round trip(with a few laps of the park)
Looking OK for tomorrow now,hybrid's coming out to play.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
potsy said:
Ah that's me out then,though I do ride like a girl at times:biggrin:
Been to Tatton a few times now it's a nice place to go on the bike,just in my range to 20 miles or so round trip(with a few laps of the park)
Looking OK for tomorrow now,hybrid's coming out to play.

Ditto,roads nice and clear round here

Downward

Guru
No chance this morning.
Had a light dusting last night at about 7pm ish but then overnight another fair amount. The main roads are still under snow and a big lorry was stuck on the hill on the main road so the traffic now will be crazy.
Luckily I still set my alarm early for bike time so got into work at 7.20am

Top Bottom