Which Nutters cycled in then......?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

levad

Veteran
Marathon Winters have come into their own again. I have been riding with them on all year and have only come to work in a car twice since January 4th. I plan to keep them on until Easter, black ice can strike at anytime!!!

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Icy side roads, so MTB. No snow.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Managed fine on the road bike, looked very slippy on our road so walked it to the main road. Saw a couple of cars skid and wheelspin from the top of Tharg's road where we meet up, but other than that the roads seemed fine.... can't say the same for my fingers though!

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Got in on time today :biggrin: my commute on country rodes passes the motorway I usually go in on. I had to cross a busy road of people approaching the motorway and when I reached the other side I saw the motorway was shut, someone had flipped a car on it. ;)

If I had decided to drive in I would have been stuck in the queue. Spoke to one guy who takes my route in and he was an hour late "traffic was a nightmare", I got to feel smugly superior for a change :smile:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Forgive me Father for i have sinned...i drove in today :biggrin: In my defence,i only had the Hybrid and the roads were lethal on my estate.....never seen my traction light work so hard before :biggrin:

potsy

Rambler
Another one here that didn't risk it.Got up early cycle gear on lights swapped over to hybrid,got out onto main road but thought it looked a bit dicey so came back in and de-iced the car.Try again tomorrow.(Rain forecast:sad:)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well I asked Mr Summerdays to phone and let me know if it was slippy - and he forgot despite coming off at least twice on his way in. I ended up having to walk in a couple of places and cycle with one leg hovering above the ground elsewhere. Strangely I was only about 3 mins later than normal. Traffic was bad too - but I saw my first commuting recumbrant which did make my day.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I bottled it because the MTB was in the shop and skinny tyres are not good on this stuff.Back out tomorrow because every time i drive i realise how much i miss the bike and hate being stuck in a box looking at brake lights :biggrin:
It was not worth any injury or damage to the Hybrid to spoil weekend fun.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Took the slicked subway 1 today and the back brake is sticking, after i brake i have to pry the brake off the rim , seems like the cable is sticking somewhere .

Until i hot the main road about a mile away it was a dusting of snow on ice, i took my time even though i could not go very fast anyway :biggrin:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Took the car yesterday.

But there again, it was Birmingham to Reading rather than the regular commute. So I think I have an excuse....

Top Bottom