Which Nutters cycled in then......?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
summerdays said:
And has advised me to walk today...

I decided not to take his advice and cycled to my meeting - did a total of about 5 miles there and back, and it took about 50 mins. I had to walk in quite a few places as its just the wrong consistency - that slush that moves and gives wheel spin.

It was fun on the whole other than the idiot who thought he should beep me and pass really close because I was cycling in the line created by the wheels of the tyres.

brickisred

First ever post, be gentle!
Been commuting since August on a MTB, managed to keep it up through the rain, cold and now snow. My route is 7.5 miles from Ely in Cardiff up to Morganstown using trails and roads but today was difficult, very hard to get traction and slipping in the rutts.

I stuck my helmet camera on but it doesn't like the wet, got some footage, but I went into some low hanging branches and it fogged up after that.
Nice quiet roads though, apart from a lone transit driver who shouted "you must be F**king mad" as I passed him while he was trying to reverse/slide down a hill :tongue:

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
summerdays said:
It was fun on the whole other than the idiot who thought he should beep me and pass really close because I was cycling in the line created by the wheels of the tyres.

I hope you gave him a cheery wave safe in the knowledge that long after you're home and warm he'll still be a nobber :tongue:

Welcome Brickisred, I do a commute of the same length but I live in the flat urban sprawl of London. Any residual slush has already melted away here.

brickisred

Many thanks for the welcome!
My route is on part of the Ely river trail and part of the Taff trail plus roads I can't avoid. The Ely trail was pristine snow about 10-15cm thick this morning

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
brickisred said:
Many thanks for the welcome!
My route is on part of the Ely river trail and part of the Taff trail plus roads I can't avoid. The Ely trail was pristine snow about 10-15cm thick this morning
I wish my commute had a trail to ride :biggrin: All i have is boring road and dodgy driving to compete with !
:laugh: This site is brilliant,you will enjoy

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
hackbike 666 said:
I've had 20 years of the Mile End Road mate.

:smile: Newcomer.

You must know it 'kin backwards by now mate. I bet the most interesting thing of the week is when you discover a new pothole, or see an old friend patched up, yeah?

Bman

Guru
Oh my god!!!

I’ve just finished my commute. It is deadly out there. At one point there was more sideways movement from my bike than forward movement! It had just started raining.

When those icy tracks created by cars on untreated roads get wet, they have less friction than a wet, slippery, icy thing! I tried to walk (well, straddle the bike) at one point but that just made it worse! The most expensive manmade lubricants couldn’t have made it any more slippery.

That was the slowest, scariest, most dangerous commute of my life. On the frictionless surfaces I was barely managing 3mph.

I seriously don’t know how I managed to keep upright.

TAKE CARE PEOPLE!

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Downward said:
My god for anyone that knows Harborne - The side roads are terrible, Really Icy yet St Mary's Road is supposed to be on the list of gritted roads !!

No need to grit Harborne. Everyone there drives drives 4x4s anyway...:blush:

Much better this morning. Not frozen, roads good and traffic courteous to a fault. Winter is over.

redjedi

Über Member
Lovely ride in for me today :blush:

Snow and ice free roads. I got very wet but I never mind that. Nice hot shower at work and I'm ready to start the day.

Even better forecast for tomorrow :biggrin:

I might even try and get out on Sunday for a quick spin.

Was my best ride of 2010 so far this morning. Cold and rainy! It felt like luxury not worrying about ice, although after so long off the bike, i'm not as super-confident as i felt in Novemeber. Hope the ice stays away so I can make amends and finally start shifting the christmas fat.

Top Bottom