1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which pieces of cycling equipment have impressed you in 2007?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by john59, 2 Jan 2008.

1. john59

john59 Guru

Which pieces of cycling equipment have impressed you in 2007?

For me it was my ‘Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tyres’, used every day without a puncture (I hope the puncture fairy is not listening).

Also my ‘Gore Tool Jersey’ used last winter and this. A great piece of kit.

Polar S410 gets used regularly and is still going strong.

John

2. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

My ayup lights.

3. Rob S

Rob S New Member

The Gatorskin I put on my rear wheel at the end of July and got it's first puncture (a slow one) on Dec 30....just over 4500 miles later!!

And my Satmap Active 10 which was finally launched about 2 weeks after all my most far flung travels ended for the year.

4. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

My Specialized Pro Carbon road shoes - absolutely fantastic - prefer the look to the S Works... Very very stiff and comfy (once you get used to the set up) - for me - loose fitting lower area, and tight over the top of my foot arch were perfect.

Pair of Aksiums (wheels) - very pleased with them, as well as some Ksyrium Equipes bought recently.

Decathlon winter thermal top - very good, only need a base layer and can be unzipped - no chill when you first get on the bike, and it's down hill from home (up hill back though)..

A new lead acid battery for some ancient BLT lamps - back in service again for commuting - over 12 years old these lamps are....not quite 2007 stuff, but back in service....

5. longers

longers Veteran

I second that.
    I have also been liking the Aldi winter cycling top, a very good buy for £14.99.

6. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Ooops posted twice....

Edited...I'll add.........

Decathlon Workstand - £30 ... ideal..

7. mikeitup

mikeitup Senior Member

My AYUP lights!!

My shimano clipless pedals & shoes.

ALL the DHB clothing I got from wiggle (especially the merston bib longs) ;)

8. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Oh, and my long-sleeved running top from Decathlon. Wear that over a base layer and you'll be toastie all winter. for less than a tenner.

9. OldCobblers

OldCobblers New Member

10. walker

walker New Member

best inovation of 2007, the Lightweight rear mech, but I couldn't pay the price they ask, rediculous.

11. This - and now with £10 off - an even bigger bargain!

12. john59

john59 Guru

13. john59

john59 Guru

I have the same stand but sold by Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op. A great peice of kit, saves the old back.

John

14. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

perhaps the bib tights, buff is nice, the clipless used to be cool but I've got used to them now

15. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Adistar cycling clothes, excellent value, brilliant performance and look pretty good to boot.

Garmin Edge 305.