Which SIDI shoes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

endoman

Getting first road bike soon. Have a mate who is a dealer for some bike suppliers and can get me Sidi shoes at cost. I have no idea about what's what, been using some Specialized BG Taho? MTB shoes on the hybrid with no bother, but thought some new shoes would be in order.

What should I be looking at, I have a wide foot / high instep

Roadkill

I've just bought a pair of Fives and went with the same size as my old Spesh shoes but went for the Mega shoes.

They fit really well but they're different - the shoe is more fitted and depends less on the buckles.

Great shoes though, don't think I'll go back.

The overshoes are also excellent... especially at cost :smile:

OP
OP
endoman

endoman

I've just bought a pair of Fives and went with the same size as my old Spesh shoes but went for the Mega shoes.

They fit really well but they're different - the shoe is more fitted and depends less on the buckles.

Great shoes though, don't think I'll go back.

The overshoes are also excellent... especially at cost :smile:

Thanks will try some on, also try the overshoes.

graham56

Guru
I wear Sidi Genius 5.5 mega and find them great as i have broad feet. Oh, by the way, they are as comfortable as f**k.:rolleyes:

Willo

To echo others, I've found Sidi shoes very comfortable and a better fit for me. Use dominator 5s mtb shoes on my road bike (racing style so have a rigid sole but i can walk in them for commuting to work ). Shopped around and tried loads of makes/styles and even bought a Shimano pair. But all were an akward fit (mainly too narrow). One of the cycle shops near work suggested Sidi shoes as usually having a little more width and the standard width was a perfect fit in my normal shoe size 9. Ended up paying a little extra, but for the comfort I'm now glad I did.

Top Bottom