Which size of tyre would you go for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Where are you cycling and on what?

I now have 23mm on all my bikes, personally I can't tell the difference vs the 25s I've had in the past

I also have slicks on all bikes, I couldn't bear the sluggishness and slipperiness of marathons (plus in 28mm)

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
My commuter has 25s my roads bike 23s, The 25s give a slightly softer ride. When the 25s wear out i will put 28s on for an even softer ride, the difference in rolling residence is minimal.:okay:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Where are you cycling and on what?

I now have 23mm on all my bikes, personally I can't tell the difference vs the 25s I've had in the past

I also have slicks on all bikes, I couldn't bear the sluggishness and slipperiness of marathons (plus in 28mm)

I want them for the puncture protection they claim to have. I've had Luganos for years and their constant puncturing put's me off riding a fair way from home.

vickster

Legendary Member
I want them for the puncture protection they claim to have. I've had Luganos for years and their constant puncturing put's me off riding a fair way from home.
Yeah but luganos aren't very good in terms of puncture resistance. I'd rather fix the odd puncture that ride on slow slippery tyres, but it's up to you what's more important. I can feel no difference between 23s and 25s based on the tyres I've tried

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yeah but luganos aren't very good in terms of puncture resistance. I'd rather fix the odd puncture that ride on slow slippery tyres, but it's up to you what's more important. I can feel no difference between 23s and 25s based on the tyres I've tried

I have 28mm Marathons on another bike. I can't they're slippery though. Slow maybe, but that might just be me?:smile:

Crandoggler

25c is like riding on a soft cushion of air, 23c is like riding a hot rusty poker.

vickster

Legendary Member
The ones you've linked aren't the super puncture resistant and evil to fit marathon plus version

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The ones you've linked aren't the super puncture resistant and evil to fit marathon plus version

The plus one's are too rough a ride and very hard to fit according to reports.Someone said the ordinary Marathons have good enough puncture protection. I notice the Duranos have less tread than the Marathons, Will this not offer less puncture protection?

vickster

Legendary Member
No, the protection comes from within not without

Either will be better than Luganos, but no tyres are puncture proof

Crandoggler

I use continental ultra sport 2, come rain or shine and they've been pretty good. Had 2 punctures in one ride, that's it. They have 180tpi which should offer protection and are comfortable tyres. Not to mention relatively cheap to replace. I'm on about 1200 miles with this set, no signs of wear apart from self inflicted turbo training wear.

Top Bottom