Which size of tyre would you go for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've ordered some.
http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/p...Tyre_SCH5063?gclid=CL6Kj-ORusgCFUUTwwodsZIPDw
All i need now is to find someone who'll fit 'em.:scratch:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Why can't you do it? Or at least try? How do you manage when you get a puncture out on the road?

I took them down to my LBS this evening. He fitted both tyres for £3. I must say,they look bland compared to the red or blue Luganos i've always had on the blue white and red bike. Let's hope their highly rated puncture protection makes up for their dull appearance.

vickster

Legendary Member
That's cheap! They charge about a tenner a tyre round here!

Should have got the vittoria rubino pros in red ;)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Depends how much air you put in them ;)
Too true!

I bought some very cheap 25C tyres (Vittoria Rubino slicks) the sidewalls of which suggest pressures in the range of 100-130 PSI. Blow that (if you forgive the pun) - I don't even put 100 PSI in 23Cs. I tried the Rubinos at only 90 PSI and still got a battering on our rough local roads. I now put about 85 PSI in the rear and 75-80 in the front and they feel much more comfortable and roll ok.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So what do you do when you catch a puncture out on the road? Do you carry £3 and your LBS follow you on your rides?

I either walk home,catch a bus or wave a good Samaritan cyclist down.,

bikeman66

This has to be a wind up surely? Firstly, if you are rating a tyre primarily on how it looks rather than how it performs, you've probably got the wrong idea. If it looks good and it performs well then you are sorted, but at the end of the day what do you actually want the tyre to do?

If you flagged me down when you had a flat and I got the impression you couldn't be bothered to fix your own punctures (and let's face it, it's not exactly the most mind bendingly technical task) I'd be straight back on my bike and you'd be walking home!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This has to be a wind up surely? Firstly, if you are rating a tyre primarily on how it looks rather than how it performs, you've probably got the wrong idea. If it looks good and it performs well then you are sorted, but at the end of the day what do you actually want the tyre to do?

If you flagged me down when you had a flat and I got the impression you couldn't be bothered to fix your own punctures (and let's face it, it's not exactly the most mind bendingly technical task) I'd be straight back on my bike and you'd be walking home!

You mustn't have read my previous posts. I said i wanted a virtually puncture proof tyre. The ones i bought are highly rated but aren't as "flashy looking" as the ones i had before but i'll choose reliability over appearance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom