Which trail running shoe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Large

Large

Duty idiot
Fairplay to @Large . Gait analysis a good idea, plus an opportunity to try the shoes on.
Good to see you here fella! Will look for updates on FB

Cheers, Diggs. Long time no see. I'll keep you posted. Training proper starts 1 June, but I want to get some under my belt this month. I'm even trying yoga on Sunday!

OP
OP
Large

Large

Duty idiot
My training plan has a lot of walking to begin with as my knee isn't yet up to running. So I have taken the plunge with a pair of Adidas Kanadia 6 Gore Tex trail shoes. I'll be buying a second pair next week so I can rotate them. Mrs L is getting her rolling pin ready for when I get home. I haven't told her I have bought them and they'll be delivered today.

When I'm running I will then look into gait analysis. Thanks again, folks, for all your advice. Much obliged.

Last edited:

brand

The first has a walking gate and in the second one the person was trained to do something different and therefore not natural to them And as stated definitely normal for heel to strike first, ask any shoe repair shop. In the second picture the running technique does not look efficient to me look how high the heel is going it looks like a waste of energy to me? Not sure that a running machine does not actually effect the way you run. I suspect some people worry about coming off the back?

Hicky

Guru
I've had gait analysis, I'm a neutral runner so bonus no uber expensive shoes....more or less anything will do.....ALSO as a midfoot striker(I know this by video and the fact my shoes hardly wear on the heels but the midfoot is fecked).
I've worn New balance(very good), both trail and road, UK gear(army issue)ok but the sole falls apart...tbh if you use them for the correct period then you should be changing them by then.
I'm on these http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-excel-mens-trail-running-shoes-213003?colcode=21300313 good enough for the price and very light weight but not good enough for really rough ground. If you are heavy you may need more cushioning.

As an aside(in no condesending manner)...you have loads of time, if you are big and not particularly fit, for injury prevention you might be better doing some power walking to get the legs going and used to impact.....have a shufty at couch to 5K.

Top Bottom