Which tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nin99

Hi

I was wondering about changing my tyres which are all round winter tyres, nothing special, to something a bit faster forupcoming triathlon. The route is only 23k so will I get much extra speed from changing the tyres? And what ones would you recommend? i really don't want to get a puncture... I guess I will average about 21mph. I have a specialied roubaix if that makes any difference?

Thanks!

(sorry if this is in the wrong catagory)

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I am currently using Michelin Pro3 Race which are fast compared to the Hutchison Kevlar tyres I was using before. They are not the cheapest tyre but I would get them again. They do wear quicker than your run of the mill commuting tyre though. If you shop around they are available at less than £25 each.

Arsen Gere

Über Member
I usually have the fastest bike split in my age group on Continental supersonics, I go for the 20mm ones. I only use them for tri's and time trials so I can't say how they wear.

The main thing is to get the correct pressure in the tyre.

Look around this forum for advice and guidance on what to spend your money on. It usually goes in the order of tight clothing, pointy hat, tri bars then you start getting in to tyres, wheels and other painfully expensive stuff.

Top Bottom