Whisky question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Highland park.... just a splash, brings out honey and pineapple a treat....smoky finish.

Paladin - York

I guess you're just below Maodal where the Shackleton crashed in 1990. Mean to scramble up there sometime and visit the memorial. Took a while to get your pics to download but I know all the island places - even stayed in the same B&B outside Leverburgh.

Ribblehead indeed but c1986; I've rather less hair these days.

I learned of the air crash after having attended one of Bill Lawson's cultural evenings in the Harris Hotel and he mentioned it again on one of his machair jaunts.

http://psychlopetualmotion.blogspot.com/2011/12/oban-lochboisdale-lochmaddy-uig-isle-of.html

Apologies to all for straying off topic.

Glenn

Veteran
When it says mix with a little water.Does it mean tap water.For i have always drunk Malt neat.But i have spotted a special offer on at Sainsbugs.£20 for The Singleton.Saving of £9-99p.I might just be tempted.A review mentioned a little water.But trying to find said review again i cannot.I thought it said spring water.Will tap water alter the taste.
Come on you lot,there must be a Whisky buff out there in CC land.Put this Englishman right.

Only water from the river Spey should be added

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Highland park.... just a splash, brings out honey and pineapple a treat....smoky finish.
Honey? Pineapple? I don't whisky to taste like a throat lozenge or a fruit juice! I want it to taste of ... er... whisky. And if I want a smoky finish, I'll have a fag :smile:

I thought a smoky finish was a fish...hence 'drinking like a fish'. All whisky tastes like rich pee - old, aged immeasurably and, leaves an aftertaste - and there are no half measures.:santa:

Cragganmore. An everyday scotchsh wihksy...
cragganmore_0020_liter_0020_50oP.jpg

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I thought a smoky finish was a fish...hence 'drinking like a fish'. All whisky tastes like rich pee - old, aged immeasurably and, leaves an aftertaste - and there are no half measures.:santa:

Cragganmore. An everyday scotchsh wihksy...

Guilty as charged.:hello: So we've got an Aperitif before, and me after - who or what shall have during the meal?
I like a nice plain single malt speyside. A session whisky.

subaqua

What’s the point
currently have Balvenie doublewood of various ages in the cupboard and balvenie signature 15yr old. the 21yr old highland park i have had for a few years now is also very very nice. all get a single icecube in as it needs it to release all the flavours and aromas. somebody else said that room temp today is a lot more than it was when these whiskys/ies were invented .

basic experimentation has shown how large a lump of ice for a measure in my glass to get the best results. no ice/water is bloody awful.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
basic experimentation has shown how large a lump of ice for a measure in my glass to get the best results. no ice/water is bloody awful.[/quote]

I sometimes wonder about my grey matter.I have just put the tray into the freezer.Thanks for the tip.
What a numpty i am.

hungrydave

Regular
I used to live in Edinburgh- until a few years back - and was also a member. An amazing place and pretty reasonable at £75 a year for membership.

Still got a bottle of 64% vol cask strength on the go from their - sometimes with water sometimes without. Hasn't done me any harm. Hic. Afterall, two measures of 32% would have the same volume of alcohol and I wouldn't think twice about it.

I very rarely put water in commercial strength whisky as, having drunk a lot of cask strength, it already tastes notably more diluted.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Drink it how you like it.
Personally I prefer about 50/50 water to whisky. If I want the alcohol burn, then I'll get someting less refined and cheaper. I think a lot of people are put off whisky by trying it neet, and thinking that diluting it will just result in ridicule.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Now this thread has gone quiet I feel safe enough to come in and say throw it away and get a decent brandy instead. Apologies to all whisk(e)y lovers.

Top Bottom