Whisky question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
One's a biscuit.

Just getting my coat now.

Thats bad, it made me chuckle tho

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Whats the differnce between bourbon and whiskey?
Bourbon is an American whiskey made from maize and other grains including wheat, rye and barley. It then gets aged in charred oak barrels, and then made into mint juleps and the like :cheers:
Bourbon is a whiskey, but whiskey ain't necessarily Bourbon.
As near as I can work out, something that's called Whiskey is a drink from the distilled malted grain family that isn't Scotch - Scotch manages without the E and is whisky. Wikipedia goes into great detail...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That Wikipedia article said:
During the Prohibition era lasting from 1920 to 1933 in the United States, all alcohol sales were banned in the country. However, the federal government made an exemption for whisky that was prescribed by a doctor and sold through licensed pharmacies. During this time, the Walgreens pharmacy chain grew from 20 retail stores to almost 400.
Ha ha - I never knew that! :thumbsup:

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
rub it in why dont ya,ive got none yet:cursing:

I treated myself to a bottle of Jura for Christmas on Friday, a 1/4 of it has gone already. I tried it first neat, then after reading this thread over the weekend I tried it after swilling the glass with water. It was just enough to lift the flavours a little, I'm going to try it again later just to make sure. :cheers:

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Been trying the Caol Ila I was given for my birthday. The usual phenolic island tone but milder than Laphroig/Lagavulin and both sweet and salty. Not tried it with water 'cos it's delicious without.

And at the other end of the scale Aldi's Highland Black blend is remarkably good at its price point.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Been trying the Caol Ila I was given for my birthday. The usual phenolic island tone but milder than Laphroig/Lagavulin and both sweet and salty. Not tried it with water 'cos it's delicious without.

And at the other end of the scale Aldi's Highland Black blend is remarkably good at its price point.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.

I can confirm the truth of this.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Absolutely right - Chaipaval, Harris from Northton. GR972922.

Is that Ribblehead in yours?

http://psychlopetualmotion.blogspot.com/2011/12/garve-to-oban-via-outer-hebrides.html

I've a feeling you'll recognise some of these scenes!:thumbsup:

I guess you're just below Maodal where the Shackleton crashed in 1990. Mean to scramble up there sometime and visit the memorial. Took a while to get your pics to download but I know all the island places - even stayed in the same B&B outside Leverburgh.

Ribblehead indeed but c1986; I've rather less hair these days.

Top Bottom