Whisky question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Got the said whisky last night.So i am going to try both ways.Straight first.Then another glass washing out with tap water,or i may even buy some highland spring water and slosh that around.Reports after Christmas.

Paladin - York

I've been suffering with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder since reading all this stuff about...........I can barely bring myself to say it.............putting water in whisky. Having now been reminded of the time I tried something called Jack Daniels ( a kind of sickly, flavour free mouth wash ) I've had to start therapy again. I wish I'd never looked at this post (sob)........:cry:

Alcohol; The cause of, and cure for, all of mankind's problems.

:rofl:

yello

Must admit, I too have always added a splash of tap water. In my case, I run the tap to make sure the water is cold and then just quickly pass the glass underneath. I like the sound of the water swill method though, I'll give that a go.

Whisky is very popular here in France. Your average supermarket will stock many labels. Not cheap though. A bottle of 10yr old Laphroigh will set you back £30-ish... I just can't justify that on a regular basis, much as I'd love to, so it's become an occasional dram, a bottle lasting me 2 to 3 months.

Paladin - York

Cant stand the stuff, now ..... Jack daniels mmmmmmmmmmmmm

i'll get my coat.

I was fortunate, or otherwise, to go on a tour of Jack Daniels in Lynchburg TN a while ago, and for those of you who've been you know what I'm about to say. Did we get a shot of JD sour mash whiskey at the end of the tour? Did we heck! Tennessee is a "dry" state so all we got was an orange juice.

Paladin - York

Cool! So stealing from your employer would be doubly motivating (or not, depending on your preference)

I wish to correct my previous note. I should have said "dry county" because I don't think any US state is totally dry.:blush:

Yeah! Orange juice was a bit of a disappointment though with the sounds of it some members of this forum may have preferred that.:thumbsup:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I was fortunate, or otherwise, to go on a tour of Jack Daniels in Lynchburg TN a while ago, and for those of you who've been you know what I'm about to say. Did we get a shot of JD sour mash whiskey at the end of the tour? Did we heck! Tennessee is a "dry" state so all we got was an orange juice.

I went for a tour of the Miller brewery in Milwaukee, unfortunately Wisconsin isn't a dry state so we had to drink their beer.

Paladin - York

I went for a tour of the Miller brewery in Milwaukee, unfortunately Wisconsin isn't a dry state so we had to drink their beer.

:eek:

Ever done a whisky tour on a bike? - Don't!

Nellie Dean (2).JPG

Peteaud

Veteran

I would love to go there

snorri

Legendary Member
This chap has advice on water/ice.
He has lots on youtube and I find him entertaining.
Hey! That was good, didn't know about these videos. I live just along the road from Dalmore and used to sail with a guy whose forebears were the original distillery owners. When the sailing gear was stowed and before we went ashore he used to say "I think we'll have a drink, now what would you like" and there was always a pause before he listed the options "Dalmore 8 year old or Whyte and Mackays?" Happy memories.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Hey! That was good, didn't know about these videos. I live just along the road from Dalmore and used to sail with a guy whose forebears were the original distillery owners. When the sailing gear was stowed and before we went ashore he used to say "I think we'll have a drink, now what would you like" and there was always a pause before he listed the options "Dalmore 8 year old or Whyte and Mackays?" Happy memories.

Not he toughest call in whisky choice history I suspect :thumbsup:

Top Bottom