FNRttC Whitstable Edition: Friday 6 April 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Doh! - goes to find glasses.....
You've got a little list, there'll none of them be missed, unless you can't read it, as G&S didn't write....

I am sad that I cant make it as it was so nice last year;

but there may be those amongst you who might rightly think this ride is better off without an old man on a mad recumbent that had 2 visits from the p fairy and a mechanical to boot on the way to southend and the ride will be a bit faster without those unwelcome interruptions.

StuAff

I am sad that I cant make it as it was so nice last year;

but there may be those amongst you who might rightly think this ride is better off without an old man on a mad recumbent that had 2 visits from the p fairy and a mechanical to boot on the way to southend and the ride will be a bit faster without those unwelcome interruptions.
Not at all. You just need a madder recumbent ;)

StuAff

Just for a change, charging some batteries...

StuAff

Was any action needed from that message? I ask only as I was on holiday last week and have brilliantly managed to delete all the emails I received while I was away before opening them :banghead:
Here you are.....

"Hello fellow adventurers.
Not long now until we escape to Whitstable - Friday night, 6th April.
The long range weather forecasts are optimistic, but will probably change, so keep an eye out as we get closer.

As a quick reminder, our route is just shy of 67 miles, with the half way stop at, well almost exactly half way. Look at it as two rides of around 33 miles. There are one or two hills, but nothing serious like Ditching Beacon. Probably, the route is best described as ‘rolling’, rather than hilly and you’ll be pleased to know we go down the most significant hill, rather than up it!

On the night, if anyone feels they need to bail at the half way stop, it’s only about a mile and a half to Rochester station, where the first train to London on Saturday morning leaves at 4.55am.

If you do change your mind about coming along, please let me know as soon as possible, and by midday Wednesday 4th April as that is when I’ll be firming up the numbers with the kind volunteers at the Step & Learn Charity in Stood and at The Waterfront in Whitstable.

Please also note, refreshments at the half way stop are being provided on a flat rate basis. For £5 you’ll get a sandwich, piece of cake and a drink. It would be helpful if you could have a £5 note on the night.

Our estimated arrival in Whitstable is around 8.15am for the speedier riders, slightly later for the rest of us.

I’ll be in touch again in the middle of next week with a further update."

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Looks like a dry night with a breeze on your right shoulder. And not cold either.
Am committed elsewhere on the Friday night so can't make this one. Apologies.

kimble

Veteran
Warm night with a tailwind means it's the perfect week for me to come down with another chest infection. (Or possibly a reprise of the same one. Either way, it's boring.)

I'm out, but hoping it shifts in time for some diurnal cycling activities in the much-awaited decent weather.

Top Bottom