Who are your most favourite or least favourite TV Chefs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Errm, let's just lay this to rest right now. The meals of the day in order are: breakfast, dinner, tea and supper. As stated supper is not a particularly substantial meal but neither is tea which would commonly be sandwiches.
Is it only me that thinks you've got this wrong? It's Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

Edit - OK with Elevenese between Breakfast and Lunch.

The bacon butty normally fits somewhere between Breakfast and Elevenese, i wouldn't really classify it as a separate meal - open for discussion though.

I agree that Delia occupies a very special place in middle class British cooking, in fact she was a revalation in her day. However, it IS cooking by numbers and it teaches you very little about the basic techniques and methodologies. Her recipes are over complicated and a mite bland (having said that I'm tucking into Italian Chicken' right now).

Mrs FF and her mother are products of Delia, both fine at serving-up tasty dishes, but not cooks. Without a recipe they are lost. They wouldn't last five mins on 'ready steady cook'. This is where IMO Jamie get's it right, he shows possibilities, variation on themes, gives you the notion to think for yourself, teaches techniques and concepts rather than instructions, implores experimentation. and extemporisation. Impactful flavour combinations, simple bold, magnificent.

OT I know, but I'm gonna recommend a fab cook book from a chain of resteraunts but no TV personality. This is THE firm fave in the FF household with recipes adored by all ... and simples:

View attachment 11043
Allegra McEavedy (sp?) was behind the chain though and she's on tv a fair old amount (and very good she is indeed - she certainly passes the "would I want to go for a pint with..." test)

U

User482

For simple, fool proof recipes, ignore all the TV chefs and buy a Good Housekeeping.

Anyway, none of them (with the possible exception of saint Hugh) can hold a candle to Keith Floyd, who was championing seasonal and local produce 20 years before it became fashionable.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Not heard of them before. Is that we call "bacon butty"?
That's Brunch you idiot ....

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
When I was a kid, it was breakfast, dinner and tea. Now I'm grown up and turned middle class, lunch has replaced dinner, and dinner has replaced tea. Since I took up cycling again, snacks have become an art.

-----------------------------------
Sent mobile phone stylee

TVC

My favourite chef is Bill Granger, I now have six of his books and was able to eat in his restaurant in Sydney.

Least favourite has to be Ramsay, the reasons are obvious.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
And heres me with me monochrome tripe, brown flat beer and goujons of whippet. :sad:
How could you? :cry:

Copy of IMG_0290.JPG

Top Bottom