who goes to church on christmas day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Moi!! I love it. Although it's not the same since i got too big to take my favourite christmas present for the show and tell.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I used to go every Christmas 'cos I was a full-time Chorister at Exeter Cathedral...3 services Christmas day and 2 on Boxing day, after the afternoon Boxing dayservice we got to go home for the holidays!
Nowadays I manage Midnight Mass from time to time depending where I am.

domtyler

Über Member
I've been an Atheist since I was about eight years old but grew up in rural Somerset/Dorset with religious parents and was forced to church at regular points during the christian calendar. This all changed once I had moved away from home and they could no longer force me to do anything I didn't want to. Since that day they have employed emotional blackmail to get me through the door instead! :biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
I used to ,all part of the christmas thing ,but not for a long time now.

Bigtallfatbloke

We go every Christmas eve. For ht elast 10 years or so we have been to the Christingle service at Gt Bursted

http://www.greatburstead.freewire.co.uk/

church...our 'local'. It's held at about 6pm so the kids can get back home and make sure all is ready for the big mans arrival!

I sometimes go into churches on my own when I am out riding, not to any services, just for a 'quiet word like':biggrin:

Bigtallfatbloke said:
We go every Christmas eve. For ht elast 10 years or so we have been to the Christingle service at Gt Bursted church...our 'local'. It's held at about 6pm so the kids can get back home and make sure all is ready for the big mans arrival!

I sometimes go into churches on my own when I am out riding, not to any services, just for a 'quiet word like':biggrin:

Didn't I read somewhere your wife is German: So therefore don't you celebrate on the 24th? Ignore me if I got that wrong. My wife is German and this year we're doing xmas on the 24th.

Bigtallfatbloke

Yes you are correct the Frau is indeed German. However we celebrate the English way when in England and the German way when in Germany. This year we will be here.

...erm...except for Nikolaus which we 'celebrate' each year the same, involving an ever bigger pair of polished shoes and more sweets and pressies for BTFB junior

Bigtallfatbloke said:
...erm...except for Nikolaus which we 'celebrate' each year the same, involving an ever bigger pair of polished shoes and more sweets and pressies for BTFB junior

What! Never any coal or sticks! He can't have been that good !

Top Bottom