Votes: 16 7.3%
  • Once

Votes: 32 14.5%
  • A few times

Votes: 131 59.5%
  • Too many times :(

Votes: 41 18.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
7 people have said never. You aren't trying hard enough. ^_^

Or lying through their back teeth

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'd forgotten another one, although it barely counts

On the first Manchester - Llandudno CC ride in 2015 there had been a fair old storm and it had deposited a load of sand on the cyclepath. I was cycling with (I think ) @rich p , @mike3121 and @Rickshaw Phil when we came to the really sandy bit. I, somewhat foolishly, said I was willing to give it a go

I learned a lesson that you can't ride a road bike in 10cm of soft, wet sand. Over I went and the bike got covered in sand and proceeded to make the most awful grating sound for the rest of the ride until I managed to hose it off in the shower of my Travelodge room in Llandudno

I was going very slowly and the sand was very soft. So it barely counts I think

AndyRM

XOXO
Please elaborate. That made me laugh out loud. :laugh:

As a foolhardy youth of 16 or so I was zipping along a country path when several geese stepped out a short distance away. F*ck I thought, I'll go straight through one of those (I had moments of extreme tw&ttery as a teenager).

Turns out geese are pretty hard, as I soon found myself dazed and winded in a hedgerow, staring at my front wheel spinning in front of my face...

Turns out geese are pretty hard
angry-goose-wallpaper-1.jpg

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
This thread is hilarious, we definitely need some sort of award!

Slightly moved at how well we cyclists take it when we have a fall. Very few mentions of cagers, wvm or other folk to blame....mostly tales about running out of talent and inversely proportionate alcohol levels.

Jody

Stubborn git
Your not trying hard enough if your not!!

Or your perception of skill is way beyond your actual level of skill

DanZac

Ohh, the mention of beer related offs reminds me of my younger military days when my ride home involved a short detour along a path involving a sharp 90 degree turn routing the path around a large pipe positioned about 2 feet off the ground.
Guaranteed every time I'd ride home after a few beers I'd end up over the bars having failed to negotiate the turn, which in those days was probably a near weekly occurance, good job I was a bit more bouncy in my youth than now.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
For amusement, I'll add one from my paper round days. Part of my round was a private road with some quite posh houses. One day, after replacing my brake blocks and adjusting my brakes, and feeling full of mechanical knowledge, I decided to test my brakes.

If one of the posh people had been looking out of the window they would have seen the paper boy zoom down the empty road and then, for no reason whatsoever, launch himself over the handlebars, roll around on the floor, then get up glancing around to see if anyone was looking.

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
Once we were on our way back from a trip and I was taking the bike off the train when something went wrong. The combination of bike with camping gear and a step down to the platform was too much for me. I ended up sprawled across the platform complete with bike and gear. Mrs. LGG thought this was very amusing.

Once we were on our way back from a trip and I was taking the bike off the train when something went wrong. The combination of bike with camping gear and a step down to the platform was too much for me. I ended up sprawled across the platform complete with bike and gear. Mrs. LGG thought this was very amusing.

I hope she at least had the consideration to first check if the bike wasn't scratched before starting to laugh.

Top Bottom