Who is brave enough to accept this challenge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's only a spider, think of it as a puppy that is small so makes up for it's diminutive dimensions by having extra legs.

Did you know there has been a rise in poisonous spiders in the UK over the last ten years?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Catrike UK said:
Did you know there has been a rise in poisonous spiders in the UK over the last ten years?

:laugh::laugh:

They are all poisonous, it's just their fangs are too small to hurt us (except for one or two, but nothing bad will happen really, just a small nip, and even then, you really really have to be p***ing it off!).

The humble House Spider will certainly not harm you, and I know, I've handled quite a few in my time.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Found - a more recent pic of Vincent D'Onofrio

vincent_donofrio_narrowweb__200x288.jpg

buggi

Bird Saviour
Speicher said:
Yes, very cute and very cuddley, and big and strong. :thumbsup:

The spider, on the other hand, does not look too happy tho! :laugh:

Buggi, I have a dilemma here. If I find Steve Backshall for you, it would be easier to ask him to remove the spider, than ask you to get here. :smile:

that's fine, as long as you get me there, so i can watch a real man in action LOL.

This thread is fast becoming the "hot hero" thread :biggrin:

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
montage said:
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooosh.
I'm back
Who called?

Montage - how can I explain this diplomatically. You might be far too young for a woman of my maturity. :laugh:

You would not be able to appreciate my charisma, sense of humour and my jokes. Anyway aren't you supposed to be in bed by now? :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Speicher said:
Montage - how can I explain this diplomatically. You might be far too young for a woman of my maturity. :laugh:

You would not be able to appreciate my charisma, sense of humour and my jokes. Anyway aren't you supposed to be in bed by now? :smile:

Ow! You know how to wound a boy. I mean, man.

Never mind Montage, if I get a wasp in the flat, I'll give you a shout.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Mad Doug Biker said:
The spider will have either died of starvation or escaped by it's own accord by the time something is done at this rate!!

Escaped hopefully. I think it was the shock of it madly waving its legs around when I opened the cupboard door. Usually I grab a couple of pieces of kitchen roll, put them on top on one another, then when I grab the spider I cannot feel its legs wriggling about. Then I would chuck the paper and the spider out the back door. The paper cushions its landing.

montage

God Almighty
Speicher said:
Montage - how can I explain this diplomatically. You might be far too amazingly brilliant and ripped for a woman of my maturity. :laugh:

You would not be able to appreciate my cabbages, boring sense of humour and my jokesface. Anyway aren't you supposed to be in bedlam by now? :smile:

Fixed.
Arch - I will gladly remove that small pointy stingy thingy from your flat. Frig off am I eating it though!

montage

God Almighty
montage said:
Fixed.
Arch - I will gladly remove that small pointy stingy thingy from your flat. Frig off am I eating it though!

This is one letter (L) off being possibly the worst post in history - oops

buggi

Bird Saviour
one time, sitting on the settee, with my laptop (on this forum i believe), only the light from a dim lamp lighting the room... a spider (quite a big one) ran all the way up my arm... very quickly.

Now i'm not scared of spiders, but i'm very surprised that my laptop survived the incident... i'll be honest... it was a bit of a shock!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Speicher said:
Escaped hopefully. I think it was the shock of it madly waving its legs around when I opened the cupboard door. Usually I grab a couple of pieces of kitchen roll, put them on top on one another, then when I grab the spider I cannot feel its legs wriggling about. Then I would chuck the paper and the spider out the back door. The paper cushions its landing.

Generally you can't feet their little feet (feet sounds better than legs does it not?) anyway, not unless it is a Tarantula or similar.

Anyway, I'm gutted I couldn't be allowed to rescue your poor spider, I'm fearless about insects and I'd have rescued that wasp too (key pollinaters wasps are, but do you ever hear about that?? NOOOO! it's always the bees, the bees!)

Just make sure the poor thing doesn't die, that's all I ask of you.

Top Bottom