Who is growing a lockdown beard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've grown a few sort of beards over the years. Not long ones,just a couple of weeks growth. The worst part for me was the shaving it off. Even a new blade hurts!:unsure:

This fellow (Roy Keane well known ex football player,for those who don't know) seems able to go from clean shaven to the one below,in the same time i took to get a 'sort of beard'.

1589151895348.png

Last edited:

CharlesF

Guru
Me! First time in decades. It is now white, if the lockdown continues, I’ll be able to apply for a Father Christmas job in December, optimistically expecting the stores will be open then.

Seevio

Guru
Having realised a few weeks back that I'm not going to see anyone who knows me outside of my immediate household for some time, I thought I'd see what all this not shaving business was about.

What had previously stopped me was the "scruffy git" stage between clean shaven and beard. I now know the reason why I haven't done this before. The razor will be coming out once we are free again but not before I give my relatives a good laugh.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I only need to shave every other day. If I leave it 3 days I look even older than I am. Today I am on day 3 and its definitely coming off.
I just bought myself a new series 7 Philishave which is rather good so is earning its keep.

Drago

Legendary Member
As mentioned in the Retirement Thread (tm, Dave7 Enterprises Ltd, 2017) Mrs d was nagging my about my increasing resemblance to billy gibbons with the state of my beard. Things came to a head when she caught sight on me yesterday in my Bundeswehr Flecktarn camo cap that I wear for walking the dog, and she decided that I'd gone far too hillbilly for her liking and ordered me to tidy up the beard.

Unfortunately for Mrs D, he instructions were none too specific and simply led to me now sporting a natty set of friendly mutton chops.

Does anyone know a good divorce lawyer?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I did grow a beard a couple of weeks ago, but it was really itchy so I now try and shve every few days. I also gave myself a grade 2 on my head, which accentuates my thinning top. My son said he doesn't like it but I'd really like to go to a grade 1, just for laughs (as no-one can see me in person anyway, apart from my partner on video call and my family, none of whom care what I look like)

Jody

Stubborn git
My last shave was before the lock down. I've tried a beard once before but didn't get past the 2-3 week stage. It will probably get shaved off before I go back to the office but there is a small chance it may not. Only time will tell.

I have taken this as a opportunity to see what I look like with a beard as I have never ever tried to grow one. Its coming out more white than grey . Only a week old and I am at the homeless old man looking stage. Partner likes to stroke it which is weird.

Drago

Legendary Member
I did grow a beard a couple of weeks ago, but it was really itchy so I now try and shve every few days. I also gave myself a grade 2 on my head, which accentuates my thinning top. My son said he doesn't like it but I'd really like to go to a grade 1, just for laughs (as no-one can see me in person anyway, apart from my partner on video call and my family, none of whom care what I look like)
Go for a number zero like a real man, although I do let it grow to number 1 during the winter. I've not had it any longer than that in 34 years.

Smudge

Veteran
I had a goatee for many years, but as often happens, the chin area goes grey and the tache area does not catch up and stays non matching. So it had to go.

Smudge

Veteran
You got ride of the tache and kept a grey gravy stain?

Nearest i come to facial hair now, is a day of stubble in between my every other day shaves. I delude myself its cool designer stubble, but really i just look rough as a badgers arse on that day.

Top Bottom