Who is growing a lockdown beard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I have a week's growth on my chin. I have often wondered why chin hair is so much more bristly than head hair and why it's not the same colour. Also I have white hair growing around the point of my chin. I am considering shaving that bit off, but whenever I tried that sort of thing before, I always shaved too much off or could not get it symmetrical, and ended up shaving the lot off. Lastly, I have read the term 'chinbeard' used as an insult. I am thinking of growing one in solidarity.

Slick

Guru
It's a totally different type of hair and as such much be treated very differently.

I just shaved mine off tonight as it's too hot to have a beard and be out on a bike. I'll try again come January. :okay:

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Absolutely not. If I did I’d look like this:
C6831F17-1F28-43C1-8F3A-EA7990DFA582.png

Gunk

Guru
I’ve never grown a beard, but in the lockdown I have been up to a week without shaving and it’s a horrible grey stubbly thing which makes me look 10 years older, so it’s now been removed.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Had a beard for 29 years.
I've had one for 40 years.......:tongue:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
God no, 80 percent of UK males seemingly have a beard these days, I don't want to add to that burden on society! 😄

I shave less often, maybe once every three days or so, but no I'm not having a beard thank you. It's mostly white anyway.

tyred

Legendary Member
I still shave just about every morning. I hate the itchiness of stubble. It's easier and more comfortable to shave it all off. Don't see any point to a beard.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I detest shaving with a burning passion. A miserable daily activity that is uncomfortable and tedious. Besides, no lovely young woman ever comes up and nuzzles me on the cheek like they do in the Gillette adverts.
I might just grow a beard to get revenge.:evil:

Top Bottom