Who is planning what challenge in 2021?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
  • Ride 50 of the top 💯 climbs
Best of luck with that one 👍. I tried a year or 2 back & the logistics of getting around the country to do them proved too difficult for me. There's regional ones listed on Veloviewer & I didn't even manage 50 of those :sad: I've just bought the Ride Britain book, so Covid allowing I'm hoping to tackle a few of those rides next year & take on some more of the climbs :okay:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Best of luck with that one 👍. I tried a year or 2 back & the logistics of getting around the country to do them proved too difficult for me. There's regional ones listed on Veloviewer & I didn't even manage 50 of those :sad: I've just bought the Ride Britain book, so Covid allowing I'm hoping to tackle a few of those rides next year & take on some more of the climbs :okay:
I have a slight advantage here - 42 I can either ride to and back in hours or are an easy day drive 'n' ride from home.

From time to time four we include in our regular group rides. The Rake, Trough of Bowland, Cross 'o Greet, Nick 'o Pendle.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Belgian coast and the Kusttram, probably as a weekend trip.
Vennbahn, taking in the Drielandenpunt on top of the Vaalserberg, Signal de Botrange and all three highest points in Luxembourg.
I'd also like to ride the canal towpath from Chirk to Llangollen, going through two tunnels and over the very tall can't-spell-it-let-alone-pronounce-it aqueduct.
We are clearly like-minded. I love Luxembourg, like finding multi-country borders and have done the Signal de Botrange (from Malmedy). Nobody ever seems impressed because they think Belgium is flat, but I believe it's higher than any paved road in Wales (nearly 700m alt). If you are going to do Luxembourg, the Mullertal is a really beautiful wooded valley, and I would very much recommend approaching Vianden via Mont St Nicolas .... superb view across to one of the finest castles for miles around, followed by a great cobbled descent into a little gem of a riverside town. Enjoy!

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
This was meant to be the year I started cycling (in increments) the whole South coast. That went well! Zero miles done on that challenge. maybe next year I'll get the chance to make a start.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
From a commuting side, hopefully it will be just riding to work rather than sitting at home. That does depend on the office ever opening up again though.
From a social point of view - I don't have grand plans, although if we go abroad I will rent a bike and take on a challenge. My sights are set pretty low, it would be wonderful just to enjoy regular large group rides with my friends.

gavgav

Guru
With the current situation, I’d settle for being able to ride my bike up in Wales from our caravan and to get on a bike, whilst holidaying in the Lake District, even just once in 2021.

Anything more grand than that will have to wait until life hopefully returns to a bit of normality, at some stage next year.

All being well I'm hoping to cycle from Worthing to Holyhead and back Easter time. I'm also hoping to do another multi day walk. Haven't decided whether to redo the Pilgrims Way, redo the Cornish Celtic Way or do a new walk.

My wife is finally amenable to the idea of moving out of Worthing; hopefully a move back towards the West Country will happen next year.

Top Bottom