Who is planning what challenge in 2021?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After spending most of this year on a cancer treatment program, my goal for next year will be getting back on my bike, don't care where or how far I just want to get back out.
I can emphasise big time. I am just glad that my 'treatment' finished before this wee c thing and I was lucky enough to be fit enough to attack that 'treatment' head on and not fall into the vicious circle (rest-more side effects-more rest needed-yet more side effects etc, etc). All the best :hugs:

Twilkes

Guru
The 24 hour ride Glasgow to Worcestershire that got cancelled last May - I went for a hasty Scottish 24 hours at the end of September but my sleeping was off a few days before and I made a few nutrition mistakes so didn't reach my target. Better prepared for next May though.

I've not made any major plans. I hope to break an hour for a 25miles TT but thats about it and it depends on me getting on a reasonable course. I actually prefer slower sporting courses anyway. I did break the hour for 25 this year but I went awry at the start so I finished officially circa 1h and 1min:laugh:

johnblack

Über Member
Did GCN do a video on this recently? It's a shame the views on a bike aren't as good as the views from a drone. :smile:
Yeah, they didn't do the whole loop but a fair proportion. They did it on gravel bikes but I'll be sticking to the 29er, that's why I may do it in 3 rather than 2 days, make a long weekend of it and will be able to enjoy the evenings a bit more rather than just bashing it out and wanting to get off the bike and just sleep.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
C2C on the tandem with Mrs A_T in 2021 once Covid vaccine has started to take effect. Coast and Castles to Edinburgh in 2022.

Domus

Guru
Would love to go to Mallorca again but may not happen, if not, a longer tour of Cheshire/Shropshire.
More Friday Night rides, riding with PEOPLE, café stops. Easily pleased. It goes without saying the CC 50 K challenge is a given.

A multi day long distance audax or ride depending on what’s possible next summer. I’ve missed my annual long multi day rides this year. Much as I’m enjoying riding the local roads, fresh scenery and challenge would be good.
Similar. I did manage trips to The Dales and 2 weekends in Wales (before they closed all the gates), so could have been worse :-/

At this point I can't bare (EDIT:smile: bear to plan anything for 2021 until we know more :sad: Having said that I have a (postponed) place on the 1000k in the borders, first May BH. So I shall cautiously plan for that to happen, but be prepared for bad news.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Similar. I did manage trips to The Dales and 2 weekends in Wales (before they closed all the gates), so could have been worse :-/

At this point I can't bare to plan anything for 2021 until we know more :sad: Having said that I have a (postponed) place on the 1000k in the borders, first May BH. So I shall cautiously plan for that to happen, but be prepared for bad news.

The Highland one with a nuclear bunker ?

Top Bottom