Who is planning what challenge in 2021?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I intend to visit as many castles as I can (fascinated with them since boyhood). It will mostly be Wales.
I also did a quick tour round Arran and Bute between lockdowns and I'd like to repeat something similar as I hadn't been to Arran before. Possibly on the tandem.

Twilkes

Guru
Can I suggest you go on the road West from Unapool which goes through Drumbeg and Stoer then Lochinver. Very tough but magnificent.

I would see that route and raise it with the Lochinver to Drumrunie via Inverkirkaig road, the highlight of my Jogle.

clid61

Veteran
Just had a bimble on canal now and again when this shoots over ill still bimble for a bit then improve again slowly moving house 150 miles away during this shot hasn't helped , moved in decorated , settled in ish . Be good guys

I was hoping to celebrate the end of Covid and the start of semi-retirement with my first tent-based tour in late Spring, perhaps France or Spain for say 10 days.

Twilkes

Guru
Absolutely yes, by implication I meant the whole road to Drumrunie (given there's no other way round). There was a fantastic cafe near Inverkirkaig in a bookshop from memory, which really hit the spot for me. :hungry:

Ah okay I thought there was another way back to the main road. My memories are of big steep climbs up to flat moors with lots of wee lochs on them, and a car every half an hour. (that was twenty years ago though...)

kenmiles

Can I suggest you go on the road West from Unapool which goes through Drumbeg and Stoer then Lochinver. Very tough but magnificent.
Thanks for the input. I will check that out. This always happens with tours I plan, when I actually do them whether cycling or walking I meet others on the way who suggest local points of interest so I end up making many diversions.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Maybe a ride along the Spoon River, of Edward Arlington Robinson fame, a couple days' tour. Hilly and scenic for Illinois, quite popular in the fall when the cars full of leaf peepers crowd the 2 lane roads and lanes, so before that. Also the Orchard Ride in the fall, when everyone else is looking at the leaves just to the south. Maybe a trip or two out of Bloomington-Normal along Route 66, past the Ferrero factory to Funk's Grove.

kenmiles

Had a look at your Cuesheet, at 55.1 miles it tells you to take second exit from roundabout into Kerrix road. Kerrix road is a c class road that takes you to Symington and not the way you want to go. You should take first exit and stay on the main road to Irvine instead A78 I think. See if I can spot any other wrong turns.
Thank for that and please let me know if you find more.
Fixed that now, extra control point had found its way in.

Last edited:

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
(Postponed from this year.) A multi-stage tour around the boundaries of what was East Suffolk by rail and ... my Brompton, bought for just such a purpose. Hotels being open would be useful. :whistle:

OP
OP
Bhitucyclist

Bhitucyclist

Merry Christmas everyone !
Sorry for the silence . I am preparing for a bleep test and realised my fitness inspite of all the cycling is not good for a bleep test 😭
Preparing for a retest on 15th jan !

Top Bottom