Who is the better guitarist?

Who is the best guitarist?

• Mark Knopfler, of course.

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • Eric Clapton.

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nibor

Bewildered
Django Reinhardt, Chet Atkins.

It is so subjective you might as well ask which guitarist's music do you prefer.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
It's all down to personal preference, unless you get them both in a room and measure them against pre-determined criteria.

I personally think Knopfler is better (technically). There are many Metal guitarists who can play far more technical solos, faster and more accurately than the likes of Hendrix, Knopfler, Clapton etc but does that mean they are "better"? Clapton was/is a fantastic songwriter but could never write or play things as well as Satriani or Steve Vai for example.

Reactions: C R

winjim

Smash the cistern
[QUOTE 5186512, member: 45"]I bought a parial capo a couple of weeks ago. It's opened up a whole new world of beautiful sounds.

Oh, and too all you Americans it's ca-po, not cay-po.[/QUOTE]It's capo, pronounced with an Italian flourish.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
While we're chucking around names no-one's heard of, Adrian Legg makes other players want to burn their guitars...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd4uVwxsSHk

matiz

Guru
Dave from Wolverhampton.
IMG_20180319_114514450.jpg

winjim

Smash the cistern
If we're talking innovators then Les Paul has to be up there. Firstly for being an amazing guitar player, secondly for basically inventing multitracking and thirdly for being the actual Les Paul of Gibson Les Paul fame.

ETA: In fact, I would like to nominate that slide at 7:11 as the all time sickest piece of guitar playing ever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom