Who is the most famous person you have met.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
I once stood next to Phil Ligget in the urinals at York Rally and we chatted about the weather. Neither of us offered to shake hands.

tyred

Legendary Member
In a London night club int he early 1980s, my boss was busy being sick in one of the sink in the toilets after drinking too much and realised the guy being sick in the other sink was Eric Clapton.

Ian Paisley knocked me over at Belfast airport with a huge suitcase (I was about 4) and because I wouldn't stop crying, he gave my mother money to buy me ice cream.:hungry: I've been mentally scarred for life - Ian get your chequebook out - I want more ice-cream compo:whistle:

KneesUp

Guru
In a London night club int he early 1980s, my boss was busy being sick in one of the sink in the toilets after drinking too much and realised the guy being sick in the other sink was Eric Clapton.

Ian Paisley knocked me over at Belfast airport with a huge suitcase (I was about 4) and because I wouldn't stop crying, he gave my mother money to buy me ice cream.:hungry: I've been mentally scarred for life - Ian get your chequebook out - I want more ice-cream compo:whistle:
I can't imagine anything more terrifying that Ian Paisley apologising in hois extraordinarily loud voice. No wonder you cried!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Kevin Keegan is probably the most famous. For 1 season at Bradford City my season ticket was directly in front of the directors box, so got to meet a few famous people within football. As a kid I met Geoff Capes, promoting Capes potatoes at a local greengrocer & in recent years I've met 2 of my music idols, dont laugh ... Howard Jones, & Beverley Craven :blush:
Today I met Michael Portillo :ohmy: He must be filming a new series of great railway journeys or something & he got on my train from Beverley to Scarborough, so you might see my shiney top on TV in the future :thumbsup:

RWright

Guru
I have not met a lot of celebrities but have met and talked to several pro golfers. One day I was at one of the local courses, it was a slow day there, and when I went into the club house making the turn, there stood Chi-Chi Rodríguez. When my friend and I saw him it took a few seconds to register in our brains who it was but there was no question it was Chi-Chi, he was even wearing his trademark porkpie hat that he put over a golf hole whenever he birdied it.

He was traveling to some sort of tourney and stopped by to hit some balls on the driving range. He brought his own balata Titleist golf balls to hit at the range. He got some kid at the club house to go out on the range with a baseball glove on to retrieve them for him. :smile: He hit some fantastic shots and showed off a little for about 8 of us watching. He was a very nice person to chat with. It was a nice day on the golf course.

Top Bottom