Who is the most famous person you have met.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Sacha Distel in the 70's in Eastbourne. I spoke to him and he answered back.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I met David Hockney in the metal workshop at school when I was about fifteen. Before you leap into the realms of fantasy, I was introduced to him by his ex-teacher from Yorkshire who had moved south.

Oh dear, Fnaar's going to have a field day.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Sacha Distel in the 70's in Eastbourne. I spoke to him and he answered back.

Gavr - do you want fries with that?

SD - oui.

PK99

Legendary Member
I once walked into a brick wall at Schiphol Airport, looked up (I'm 6ft2) and realised I had walked into Ruud Guillett' back - I don't think he even felt the impact.

KneesUp

Guru
I once met Melvyn Hayes ('Gloria' from It Ain't Half Hot Mum - ask your parents, kids) but I didn't know who he was because I was only a kid.

Top that!

Kins

Über Member
I once met Melvyn Hayes ('Gloria' from It Ain't Half Hot Mum - ask your parents, kids) but I didn't know who he was because I was only a kid.

Top that!

I can! The last ever Aint Half Hot Mum was filmed in my dads barracks in Church Crookham where the 7th Gurkha Rifles were stationed. Jonathan Ross was in it though I didn't know that at the time.. I had dinner with them a couple of times, photos etc etc but being army, we moved a lot and its all gone in the mists of time.

Melvyn Hayes owned the White Hart Tap in St Albans, round the corner from my ex's sister. Had a few drinks in there.

Love the Gurkhas, best blokes.

Top Bottom