Who makes a good new butted steel fixed frame...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
any recommendations?

Not interested in converting something originally intended for geared use btw.

(currently rising plain gauge Charge Plug)

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Condor tempo is nice - i'm v pleased with mine at any rate. I understand the frame is some columbus chrome-moly stuff, doubtless there's a reynolds equivalent.

PpPete

Legendary Member
if you've the readies for a bespoke option.... have a look at Demon Frameworks:
Demon-Frameworks-2766.jpg

demon-002.jpg
I think his standard frames are lugged headtube, fillet-brazed everywhere else but you might be able to persuade him to do a special...

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
il pompino from on-one, surly do one, then there are boutique ones which are beautiful like panasonic or yagasummatorother. it all depends on your budget. there's usually loads for sale on lfgss.

brockers

If I wanted something really different and had the dosh, I'd take a serious look at

http://www.donhoubicycles.com/gallery/

agree with pPetePpP and biggs in that Demon and LeeCooper can braze up some great looking sculpture too. I'm sure they won't fall apart when you ride them either.

failing that, anybody who builds frames really!

Here's a list to keep you bizzy Greg.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
If I wanted something really different and had the dosh, I'd take a serious look at

http://www.donhoubicycles.com/gallery/

agree with pPetePpP and biggs in that Demon and LeeCooper can braze up some great looking sculpture too. I'm sure they won't fall apart when you ride them either.

failing that, anybody who builds frames really!

Here's a list to keep you bizzy Greg.

Nice one. Wasn't thinking of anything too boutique or spendy, given it will become my main commuting weapon in rural Sussex with only the cows and the 4x4 drivers to admire it, but that list certainly is food for thought.

Tempted to say what the heck and build the Pompetamine frame I've got up as a 135mm rear end fixed, as it is complete (but in bits) apart from a disc braked rear wheel as it doesn't look like Alfine 11's are going to plummet in price any time soon.

Top Bottom