Who needs oil when we have salt water?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Talking of interesting new things Di-positionium was all over the news this week. Similarly long shot but a possible useful tool for fusion.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
marinyork said:
Talking of interesting new things Di-positionium was all over the news this week. Similarly long shot but a possible useful tool for fusion.
That little Welsh fella?
:smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Does the generation of the radio wwaves require energy? How much? I mean is this actually able to generate more energy though the Hydrogen than is required to release it?

Still, great news. Now the US can invade anywhere with sea round it, not just places rich in oil..:smile:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'm more interested in the cancer cure the same bloke seems to have developed, as shown on Youtube.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Arch said:
Does the generation of the radio wwaves require energy? How much? I mean is this actually able to generate more energy though the Hydrogen than is required to release it?:

you're right to doubt it arch....
the engine at the end of the video is a sterling engine ( http://www.stirlingengine.com/ ) these will run sat on you hand, or if placed ontop of a cold can of pop. they take tiny heat differentials to run, so it isn't that impressive as an energy source.
however, to release H from H2O takes enormous amounts of energy.

there are many who would like to continue their wasteful use of energy and hope that technology will solve the inevitable crisis that's on its way....and sadly, this sort of bullshit just encourages them

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
hubgearfreak said:
you're right to doubt it arch....

this sort of bullshit just encourages them

Yep it's a perpetual motion machine of the first kind I think, the "machine" that relies on energy not being conserved. So fantasize if you want too but it's b*ll*x.

jonesy

Guru
Yup, it's another version of the classic free hydrogen perpetual motion fraud. Note one of the defining characteristics: the red-herring question about how the hydrogen might be used to power things. This is irrelevant, everyone knows that if you could extract useful quantities of hydrogen then there are all sorts of ways of using it as a fuel. The important question is the one that is always left out of announcements of these sort of 'discoveries', but is a very simple one: have you measured and compared the RF energy needed to break down the water with the energy you get back from the hydrogen?

domtyler

Über Member
OH MY GOD. Have you kretins never even heard of dilithium? Have you been reading The Sun for the past twenty years?

Top Bottom