Who on here owns a Sports Jacket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just had a count up. I own 16 various tweed, silk, wool, mixed fibers, blazers and suit jackets. Mind you only about 4 or 5 were bought new. The others are from the retro clothing shop I work in and from decent charity shops (they used to call them clothing agencies a few decades ago). My favourite winter one is the Blaydon Norfolk jacket (circa 1960's) I bought from the retro clothing shop for about £20 when if they made them today they'd probably be about £500 and my favourite summer one is a beige Steegan striped blazer :whistle: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/s...out-from-the-riff-raff-help-me-decide.273614/ I found in a charity shop last February for a fiver. They had one on Etsy soon after, going for about £250. They were quite expensive in the 1960's/70/s, probably about £450 in today's money. There's a Steegan jacket here on Etsy, going for £236.

il_794xN.2299316911_rgdq.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/791...n?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&g

Last edited:
Got a couple on hangers, one at work, that I wear to meetings or attend events where casual is too informal and full suit too formal.

slow scot

Veteran
Forgot to mention earlier that I have a tweed kilt jacket for slightly formal occasions. I borrowed a very nice formal kilt outfit for a wedding once and told the lender who had a whole collection that I would buy it if it ever came available.
So and so forgot and sold the lot to a hire company.

Emoticons seem to have vanished or I would put an angry one in.

:headshake:On your behalf oh @oldwheels !

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
During the 70's I had a sports jacket from a local tailors which was grey, with a thin check in the material and wide ish lapels. I thought I was the Bees knees when wearing it.
I do still have a leather Box jacket that I still wear/can fit into to this day.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
,....it was a maths teacher at my Grammar

Alex321

Veteran
I used to wear one for my first few years at work (early 80's, working in IT for Wales Gas then BT). When I started working in pklaces where ties were not expected, I also gave up the jackets.

The only jackets I own now are part of formal suits for funerals and other formal occasions where my kilt is not suitable.

Top Bottom