Who on here rides motorcycles?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Nice to see some old brit bikes on here:biggrin:
After many years of riding all sorts of bikes from fast jap sports bikes to harley cruisers and big triallies, my garage contains a 2005 Honda CBF500, 1960 BSA Super Rocket (650cc) and a soon to be finished restoring 1956 BSA B31 (350cc).

bigjim

Legendary Member
currently got YAMAHA XJ600S tourer great bike and bullet proof.

I had one of these and used it on the courier curcuit. Great underated bike, totally reliable, but could never get rid of that ticking noise.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
VFR400
VF500
GSX250
PC50 (in bits awaiting being cafe-racered! Though is this technically a bicycle?!)

All off the road at the moment, I find it hard enough to find time to ride the push bike, let alone getting out burning fossil fuels!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
eldudino said:
VFR400
VF500
GSX250
PC50 (in bits awaiting being cafe-racered! Though is this technically a bicycle?!)

All off the road at the moment, I find it hard enough to find time to ride the push bike, let alone getting out burning fossil fuels!

I have done less than a thousand miles on my CB500 since aquiring it five years ago. My bicycles are my first choice for a ride out when it's a sunny day.

stevo

bigjim said:
I had one of these and used it on the courier curcuit. Great underated bike, totally reliable, but could never get rid of that ticking noise.
yes that's the only annoying thing but great reliable bike.
also really comfortable ride as i have bad knee now after bike accident when car turned right in font of me so sport bike days over now.:smile:

OP
OP
Proto

Proto

Legendary Member
eldudino said:
VFR400
VF500
GSX250

Not had a VFR400 but had a couple of RVF400s. Had to sell them as they were making me misbehave. Crashed them on a regular basis too, once at Mallory and another time on the way to a Cadwell park trackday. Doh!

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Proto said:
Not had a VFR400 but had a couple of RVF400s. Had to sell them as they were making me misbehave. Crashed them on a regular basis too, once at Mallory and another time on the way to a Cadwell park trackday. Doh!

I grew up near Cadwell - I once almost didn't make it to a BSB meeting after thrashing the GSX250 and making it drop a valve! Not very nice to pick the pieces up after that.

I find that I try to go out on the VFR and take it steady which is fine until you overtake someone and kick the revs up; from that point on bimbling round sub 10,000rpm isn't good enough - 10-14,000 is where the fun is!

By the way, I'd love an RVF :biggrin:

Happiness Stan

vernon said:
Honda CB500 - thirteen years old 8,700 miles on the clock.

I have a CB500. 15 y.o. Had it from new 75,000 miles on clock.

Black knight

Had a Mamola Boxercup for a few years, sold it last summer. Only thing I've got now is a GasGas trials bike.
Looking to repace my road bike soon. Mate has a Fazer 600 for sale but I was looking more towards something like a Thunderace.

gavintc

Guru
MarkF said:
I have a Yamaha XJR1200, a Honda 650 Dominator, a Yamaha Majesty 250 scooter but I usually prefer to ride this, a Vespa 1962 Gran Lusso.

or8.jpg

or2.jpg

Nice scooter, my wife has just passed her bike tests and we intend to buy one reasonably soon - probably an old Vespa.

Mille

Hello all, I have been directed here from another thread :laugh:

I ride a Fazer FZ6, silver and black and beautiful underseat exhaust. :biggrin:

However I don't ride as much as I would like as I fell off on a peice of adverse camber (put down left foot - no road) and it's made me feel it's a little tall for me. Have softened the suspension and so will give it a go when we get the next bit of sun (bit of an FWB ;))

Claire

Top Bottom