Who said women can't reverse park!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Now the this street is rather busy, it's a short stretch and it's clear, no other cars are parked anywhere near.

Woman driver comes around the corner, moves 2/3rds up the street, stops, reverses and parks her 4x4 then jumps out with a rather pleasing look on her face at her challenge!

1275571997.jpg

and to prove she's not in the car

1275572024.jpg

well done madam a fine bit of road blocking

sorry but I'm still bored!

postman

Legendary Member
It's the warm weather,this afternoon a female driver 4x4 is so busy texting she failed to see the traffic had moved away after the lights went to green .Leeds inner ring road nr Homebase .
The guy in a mini after her just shook his head when he saw me laughing at her.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You should try going for a drive with my Hungarian agent - I've never known anybody with as little spatial awareness or mechanical sympathy. To my knowledge she has had two accidents where her car has just left the road while she yakked on the phone and a third accident where she swerved and caused a massive pile-up in the middle of Budapest involving a bus.

Debian

NormanD said:
Now the this street is rather busy, it's a short stretch and it's clear, no other cars are parked anywhere near.

Woman driver comes around the corner, moves 2/3rds up the street, stops, reverses and parks her 4x4 then jumps out with a rather pleasing look on her face at her challenge!

sorry but I'm still bored!

What relevance is it to the story that she was driving a four wheel drive vehicle?

It's actually a part-time four wheel drive anyway so it was almost certainly a 4x2 at the time.

It got a little tiresome years ago when "4x4" got singled out as some sort of devil worship on all sorts of news stories. If it was a two wheel drive car would you refer to it as a 4x2? The vehicle in your pictures is a Vitara and as such is not even a very large vehicle, no larger, probably, than a modern Mini.

Crap parking yes, but I can discern no reason for 4x4 to be singled out as though this fact automatically makes the driver an idiot!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Debian said:
Crap parking yes, but I can discern no reason for 4x4 to be singled out as though this fact automatically makes the driver an idiot!

I think it's more an intimation of increased risk of idiocy:biggrin:

Debian

MacB said:
why not? it's amusing to draw lines of demarcation and this one lends itself willingly to the process

If you say so..... However, if you were referring to BMW or Audi drivers I could perhaps see your point a little better... :biggrin:

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
While we're on the subject ...

Woman = at least 6 attempts to park (and fails). Man = parks first time. Link:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiH74YYbhSE
:biggrin:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
User3143 said:
Me thinks you have a 4x4? A Suzuki Swift no doubt.

No doubt you are on Debian's "blocked user" list, and whilst we are on the subject I have a Landrover Freelander and agree with Debians comments :biggrin:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
My Mum quite honestly cannot reverse to save herself!!

We have a film of her reversing out of a parking space somewhere and I am not kidding, she took the best part of a minute just to do it!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
4F said:
No doubt you are on Debian's "blocked user" list, and whilst we are on the subject I have a Landrover Freelander and agree with Debians comments :angry:

Oh crud, I wonder if I'll be on it after my ...err, altercation with him earlier?? :blush:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
MacB said:
I think it's more an intimation of increased risk of idiocy:biggrin:

Well there are tendancies in that direction I think. Some of the reasons 4x4 owners trot out for their use don't bear much analysis. But this isn't the only arena in which superficial reasons appear.

Top Bottom