Who shaves their legs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I used to when I was serious but I haven't been serious for a very long time. And I'm virtually hairless so.

Maz

Guru
I never shave my legs and doubt I ever will.
As far as oils go, I use corn oil for the chip pan. Why d'you ask?

yello

Good to see this question revisited.

Did once (literally that is, one time only). Mainly to see what the fuss was about. Couldn't be bothered thereafter.

Maz

Guru
yello said:
Did once (literally that is, one time only). Mainly to see what the fuss was about. Couldn't be bothered thereafter.
Did you find that the hair grew back thicker? Might be an urban myth...

Saddle bum

Über Member
Always hairless. Old habits die hard.

You're not a sexy, fit roadie with hairy legs - almost as bad as using ShimaNo.

User269

I haven't shaved since I was last racing seriously in '93. Apart from all the known benefits of this, I used to find that once 'oiled up' my legs felt really supple and strong, and I definitely performed better. Now 55, and almost as many stones, although still racing I don't feel I deserve to shave, and feel self conscious; short, fat baldheaded guy with reallly nice legs. And I don't look so good in a dress these days either.

PS My tolerant and open minded partner used to get quite freaked out when I shaved my legs. I just think she was jealous.

gavintc

Guru
I shave when I think my performance on the bike justifies it. I did not shave during 08 as I was unimpressed by my own speed. I am keen to get my speed back and race next season - if so, the razor comes out and it is back to smooth legs.

Top Bottom