Who watches the Boat Race?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Once you get past the blisters stage, chasing the perfect stroke is strangely addictive.
The oars were heavy old wooden ones. I suppose the ones used in competitions will be carbon fibre or alloy?🤔

snorri

Legendary Member
Learning to row seemed like an important part of growing up in my childhood, it gave us the ability to travel independently and explore in much the same way as bicycles did on land, but youngsters don't seem interested in such ploys nowadays. We had access to the floats of old flying boats left over from wartime which made good boats for rowing and fishing trips and also for experimenting with unorthodox sailing rigs made up from whatever materials could be found..

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I did notice the Cambridge cox is about the same weight as my left leg. :eek:
I remember when Steve Redgrave and Mathew Pinsent,or was it James Cracknell 🤔 won gold in one Olympics. The little bloke who did the megaphone bit also got a gong. I'd say that was a 'i was there' medal,rather than a 'i helped win it' medal.🧐

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
I remember when Steve Redgrave and Mathew Pinsent,or was it James Cracknell 🤔 won gold in one Olympics. The little bloke who did the megaphone bit also got a gong. I'd say that was a 'i was there' medal,rather than a 'i helped win it' medal.🧐
Not everyone agrees with that one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cox...not communicate to,to the direction of travel.

They do talk a lit about the skill on the tiller with a credit card sized rudder controlled by cables used to steer something akin to a bus.

Lozz360

Veteran
I’m starting to go off you!

Top Bottom