Who's back in shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
What did your knees do to deserve such abuse?
Knees are fine. Raised in the cold fields of the high Pennines. Now if only I could stop myself grinding out high gears on a 53/39!

Leodis

Veteran
I've always been in shorts 'cos I iz 'ard... :becool:

I wear them over me tights...

Wore the Tenn lightweight 3/4's today but wish I had not worn the Nightvision Evo Jacket.

Wore my jacket today and had all the flaps open and was steamed like a cabbage.

GrasB

Veteran
Knees are fine. Raised in the cold fields of the high Pennines. Now if only I could stop myself grinding out high gears on a 53/39!
Besides you're slowly but surely destroying various irreplaceable bits of your knee far quicker than you should be.

I've always been in shorts 'cos I iz 'ard... :becool:

I wear them over me tights...
Over your tights? Surely you should have them under your tights!

Wore my jacket today and had all the flaps open and was steamed like a cabbage.
Onion audition fail:laugh:. I didn't have a jacket on today... compression top, windproof base layer, fleaced long sleeved jersey (1/3 open) & lightweight arm warmers.

endoman

taken the legwarmers off, but still in 3/4's. Will be just base layer and long sleeve jersey tonight though :-)

martint235

Dog on a bike
Besides you're slowly but surely destroying various irreplaceable bits of your knee far quicker than you should be.
I did more to destroy them as a teenager. Since having a cartilage operation at 18, I haven't had any further problems with my knees. Surely in the intervening 25 years I would have noticed something if they were being destroyed.

My knees seem in better shape than a lot of people's my age, maybe it's to do with the muscle mass helping to support the knee joint rather than just allowing the joint to perform on its own.

potsy

Rambler
Ready to go, summer tights, Spring gloves instead of the winter ones, summer shoes for the first time in ages, and more shockingly short sleeves with a gilet :sun:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I did more to destroy them as a teenager. Since having a cartilage operation at 18, I haven't had any further problems with my knees. Surely in the intervening 25 years I would have noticed something if they were being destroyed.

My knees seem in better shape than a lot of people's my age, maybe it's to do with the muscle mass helping to support the knee joint rather than just allowing the joint to perform on its own.

Noooooo the succcess for great bike knees is to protect them. Most importantly, it's essential you keep tendons and muscles at the correct operating temperature to ensure you don't get injuries (if this sounds like an engine instruction booklet then it is :laugh:). You'll never see me in shorts unless it's really warm.

I anticipated mild weather yesterday, so went out in shorts and not enough layers up top. On the journey home I was battling against fierce wind and rain. Result? - caught a cold and feeling generally crap today. Warmest day of the year and I should be on the bike but I couldn't face it this morning.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
6:30 set off this am, in shorts. 15 miler from Maltby to Ecclesfield. By the time I hit Tinsley, at 7:00, the arm warmers came off.

Top Bottom