Who's back in shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
Noooooo the succcess for great bike knees is to protect them. Most importantly, it's essential you keep tendons and muscles at the correct operating temperature to ensure you don't get injuries (if this sounds like an engine instruction booklet then it is :laugh:). You'll never see me in shorts unless it's really warm.
& as a general rule the more highly strung the engine is the better care of it you have to take. Incidentally I had the privileged of riding with some pros in the latter half of last year. It was 15-17C & they were out in shorts, leg warmers, long sleeved jerseys & a base layer.

lejogger

Guru
How lovely and warm is it today?! Would have LOVED to have been in shorts today (perhaps with kneewarmers) but my new chain still hasnt arrived from Wiggle :sad:
Car for the rest of the week, full strip down (of the bike) on Sat, then club run on Sun... Do we think it may be a shorts club run or are we back to normal temperatures by then?

adscrim

Veteran
& as a general rule the more highly strung the engine is the better care of it you have to take. Incidentally I had the privileged of riding with some pros in the latter half of last year. It was 15-17C & they were out in shorts, leg warmers, long sleeved jerseys & a base layer.

Isn't that as much to do with the fact that riding with mere mortals, they won't be puting in enough effort to stay warm?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ah that's me sorted then. When it comes to highly strung engines I'm definitely in the Massey Ferguson category :thumbsup:

Edge705

Dyu know what now that the subject has been brought up I might just leave the leggins in the ruck sack on this evenings commute its lovely and warm here in the North West :thumbsup:

GrasB

Veteran
Isn't that as much to do with the fact that riding with mere mortals, they won't be puting in enough effort to stay warm?
How shall I put this, let's try; I can honestly say I'm capable of dropping a national level pro rider on a with the help of an elite level buddy running through & off with 2 min pulls.

OP
OP
S

Sore Thumb

Guru
Shorts? .. hell I'm a Geordie I'm down to a Jock strap and stringed vest now in this heatwave :heat:

I do apologies for the members I've just put off their meal with that mental image :evil:

Down here in the midlands us men need shorts as we need to keep the contents warmed..... ;-)

sabian92

Über Member
Shorts for the first time since October for me.

Had a bit of a wardrobe malfunction this morning - put my thermal top on and ended up sweating like a pig!

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i was in shorts all last week and then came home from florida so am all layered up while i acclimatise! used 4 top layers and 2 bottoms yesterday (trackies over trackies over bib shorts! as no tights/leggings yet) hoping to have the tanned legs out again saturday morning for the cycle to work.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
was trying to cycle out there but the narrow side walks and dodgy driving on international drive meant i stayed walking or on the iride. fair play to the orlando police as i saw loads of cops on bikes!

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Had my first ride in shorts this afternoon, short sleeve top awsome bring on the spring, no base layer so much nicer, everybody else i out there were done up to the nines.

Top Bottom