Who's going to make Tim Cook happy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
iphone 15 already - wonder what they'll call the next one.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Nope. When iphone appeared in 2007 I loved the screen and sensitivity of the touchscreen, but I had more functionality in existing devices like Symbian phones, PocketPC, etc. Eg the ability to install apps.

Maybe I'd consider switching to apple in the future, but right now the products don't offer anything I want.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Five year lifespan!
I'd expect longer than that. Especially at the price they're asking these days

Iirc apple give 10 years support although one would probably upgrade before then due to phone becoming slow (or should I say everything else (apps, web etc) requires more power and older phones feel sluggish). Google iirc gives 4 years support.

Ps those numbers may not be accurate but the point is Apple gives considerably longer support than Google although I'm not saying that in a negative way because 4 years is a long time in tech.

Drago

Legendary Member
I bought Mini D an ipad and their support was fine until it broke and they discovered it to be unrepairable. Big argument ensued, they reckoned it had been mistreated, I knew it hadn't as when not in use it was returned to me so I knew she wasn't getting any sneaky extra screen time.

Took it to an independent repairer who diagnosed a faulty processor, not viable to repair due to cost. Definitely not been mistreated, he'd come across it many times.

I replaced it with an Android tablet with a better and bigger screen and much better performance at less than half the price. Wouldn't go back to jokers who won't even honour the warranty on a ten year old (as she was then) autistic girl's Christmas present. Tim Crook can shove his annual purchases up his ar[DELETED BY MODS]

Such Apple products as I own are all desktop computers, none later than 2011. These are e-waste according to Apple and their planned obsolescence system. They cost peanuts and work beautifully using patched Apple software or Linux. Who needs new? My son gives me his 'old' phone every three years or so, job done.

Can remember a while back when Apple were exposed for producing their products in sweatshops with minimal wages, dire conditions, worker rights at a minimum, etc. They tried to fob it off as not being under their control as the work was farmed out to 3rd parties. Apple are not the only ones who put a great deal of effort into washing their hands of corporate responsibility. Sign of the times I guess.

Alex321

Veteran
I've never bought an Apple product.

I do use a Macbook for work, but that is provided by the company.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Apple products, I just feel you are paying a quite large premium for style, and I would rather pay for functionality.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
A lot of purchases are just down to what operating system you have become used to. I am all Apple here with an iMac, MacBook, iPad and iPhone. I have tried Android a couple of times but just never got on with it for some reason.

I'm mystified by the idea of buying a computer that costs more than a grand.

I haven't spent more than 100 quid on a computer for at least ten years. There are seas of them, all ready for work.

After a very bad experience early on with Microsoft Office, I was very proud that the computers in my old business ran entirely on free, open source software. When a computer died I had an installation script - I could buy a secondhand PC from eBay for the price of a Chinese takeaway, install the OS from a USB stick then just leave it to fetch the last backup and install the software I used. Beat that, Apple!

vickster

Legendary Member
Either this is wrong, or your thread title is wrong. Is there a risk of your post getting negative reactions? :- /

Think he was attempting to be funny?

I like my iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch and have no intention of going to Android. I upgrade my phone perhaps every 3 years, when I fancy a change and they still have some value to sell on/recycle. I don't have a Mac but more because I have to be fully aligned with MS software for work.

Dadam

I have iPhone 11, iPad Pro and MacBook Air M1. The iPad is a 2017 model but still works great, no slowdown at all. I don't buy the very latest devices, but I did splurge on the M1 two years back, because it was worth it. It is, by a large margin, the best laptop I've ever used, and I've used a LOT over 30 years. It's easily the fastest apart from my gaming PC, it has the longest battery life, it's the quietest (completely silent), the nicest to use and so on.

I'd point out there are also plenty of sheep who slavishly buy the very latest Samsung phone, but they tend not to get the same publicity.

I have tried Android but didn't get on with it, going back to an iPhone felt like coming home.

Think he was attempting to be funny?

I like my iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch and have no intention of going to Android. I upgrade my phone perhaps every 3 years, when I fancy a change and they still have some value to sell on/recycle. I don't have a Mac but more because I have to be fully aligned with MS software for work.

Worth noting all MS Office apps have been available on MacOS for years now and as it's a subscription licence you can just download and install them rather than re-buying licences.

Top Bottom