Who's riding Christmas Day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Er... NO
It's the only time of year when I eat as much as I can stuff in my face. Good week off cycling for me ;)

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Would like to as it's Boxing Day I'm meeting up with the family so Christmas Day will be free but, at the moment, weather forecast says it's not to get above freezing all day so it will probably just have to be some brisk walking.

Twinks

Über Member
Deffo. Just checked the forecast and looks the best day we've had around here for ages so ain't gonna waste it.

bpsmith

Veteran
Nothing for me on Christmas Day, as both sets of parents round and day spent with my boy, the missus and them. Boxing Day I am out watching the footie.

Need to get 62 miles in before NY though, so might be a Gran Fondo in the rain before NY. :smile:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Christmas day here is like your Boxing Day as we celebrate Christmas on the evening of the 24th.

On the 25th we will cycle the 8 miles to Jannies mum and dads and have Boxing day dinner with the family providing we have some nice weather.

By nice I mean no driving rain and gales that we seem to have had for weeks.

bpsmith

Veteran
See, theres your chance , forget the footie :smile:
I had a season ticket for the Swans for 10 years. Stopped one year, as money was tight, and we got bloody promoted to the Premier League. Couldn't get a season ticket for love nor money since, until this season when a mate's mate couldn't afford it. Been every game so far, but...it is getting in the way of the cycling chances a tiny bit. I actually think that I may not take the offer up next year, if it comes about again. Until then, I plan to make the most of it. :smile:

No chance, as we will be going round to cook dinner at my MILs.
Similar situation for me, but given the outlaws know and understand that cycling is a big deal for us they don't mind, and given their daughter's results nationally they are also quite proud, so even though dr_pink is helping to cook dinner we will eat a bit later. Neither us could do justice to the food anyway if we didn't burn some calories first.

Top Bottom