Who's Still Commuting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattsr

I flogged the car back in November 2009, and have commuted by bike ever since. Working at a theatre, we usually have shows on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day. I've only been defeated by the weather a couple of times, when there's been thick snow, and then I've either walked or got the train. I've got Marathon winters on for the first time this year- which probably means we'll have the warmest for 50 years!

I'm probably a bit mental, :wacko: but actually I quite enjoy cycling in the rain- as long as I'm dressed for it. And I find the contemplation of the journey is usually much worse than the actual doing! Of course my favourite winter weather is the beautiful, crisp, clear days we occasionally get, but they are just that, unfortunately- an occasion!

subaqua

What’s the point
today is last commute unless brown hits fan between now and the 7th January. will be riding with my youngest to and from school with him on Thursday- hes 5 and desperate for me to ride with him as him mum won't until she is fitter. Yes its a nonsense but i gave up logical reasoning years ago for a quiet life.

will be out on most days for a pootle and am looking forward to the windows tour on the 29th. after that nothing planned and will see what grabs me.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Bloody five dayers,I normally do sevens.Some of you get loads of time off :biggrin: ,just my leave this year fell on the 16th otherwise I would be working loads of days.Back on the second but still have three days to work till then.

I flogged the car in 1976,oops I didn't have a car and have been biking ever since and commuting since 1981.

Sandra6

Veteran
Does no one else dread the thought of not commuting 5 days a week?

I don't dread not commuting, but I do feel fidgetty if I don't cycle for a few days.
Cycling to work is just what I do, but if I need to "plan" a cycle it turns into a major headache of organising clothing, children, Mr6!
I think I might pretend I'm going to work and do a few miles instead.

Matt1705

Über Member
I would have commuted on my bike yesterday and today but my children have decided to make going to sleep very difficult.
Therefore the extra 30 - 40 minutes I get in bed by taking the car is more important than cycling :-(

carolonabike

I'll be commuting on Monday although I'm hoping for an early finish, then again on Thursday, Friday and Monday 31st. Our parent company decreed that our year end must be on the 31st December so we can never have time off over Christmas :sad:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
last commute will be the return trip at 3 am saturday morning , the trick is to get some time on the bike till the 2nd of jan what with family commitments i could be getting up at 5 am or something sillu just to get out , anyone got a free turbo :smile:

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
I would have commuted on my bike yesterday and today but my children have decided to make going to sleep very difficult.
Therefore the extra 30 - 40 minutes I get in bed by taking the car is more important than cycling :-(

Strange but it isn't to me but I don't have a car to fall back on anyway.Been doing it so long im used to getting up at half two or half three.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Last commute for me will be Thursday though hope to be riding loads over Christmas. Spending it with the in-laws this year and luckily they live a mile or so away, so I just cycle over there which leaves the bike available for a quick escape when the Sound of Music /Wizard of Oz and the like come on telly! I do hate to be stuck anywhere without access to a bike.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Friday is my last ride into work this year. Been off the bike far too much the last few weeks as I've had a lot of late meetings in fairly obscure locations so have had to drive...a lot. (which I have secretly enjoyed...sorry but what's not to like, its warm in there and the radio plays my station, so long as I have enough time, its lovely)

really looking forward to Friday, hope its dry

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
My last commute will be Thursday morning, I'll leave the bike at work, as I'll be In no fit state for the return journey. Half twelve finish, then off to the nearest pub. I'll pick my bike up fri some time when I'm feeling more sober lol

Top Bottom