Why am I farting so much...?...SERIOUSLY!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK Fair cop! They usually smell of Lily of the Valley.

There's good reason why she's not "Lily of the densely populated City".

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
More fibres and more carbs can increase gas volumes. I love brown bread but find too much gets me bloats and gassy, have stopped high fibre cereals for Brekkie too as it makes me blow all morning ... Awkward at work and worse on a plane! Avoid sports drinks and maltidextrin.

Fibres and gas is good though, good digestive health indicators.

But mostly it will be the move to a higher fibre and healthy eating regime.

surfdude

Veteran
cant see your problem mate . it s your slight change of diet . i am the same . when i start out on a ride a feel a little gas filled there is nothing better than letting rip a few times and all you inside getting back into the right place so riding is more comfortable . it all so good if i want to watch something in peace and quite . i let rip with a rip roaring stinker and it clears the room with me asking for a cuppa while they are up .

tyred

Legendary Member
I can squeeze one out on the bike without breaking my cadence but it is a balancing act and requires concentration!

Those thoughtful people at Brooks put three holes in their saddles to facilitate this event.

Berties

Fast and careful!
I did a recovery ride with my wife yesterday , who got her diet completely wrong for the day,40 miles in had to take food on , a sandwhich mixed with fluids , she cramped and produced gas that punched another hole in the ozone she greened out till the gas went , she struggled the next 20 miles,so maybe increased fluids and wrong diet contributes to wind in this weather, with some riders

Top Bottom