Why am I farting so much...?...SERIOUSLY!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Enis Baysal

It makes me laugh so much but my collegues and family really do not appreciate it. Ive had the sister and mum. consistantly telling me something has crawled up my @SS and died (They can seruously linger for 15 minutes).

On a serious note..It is only since I started riding 2 months ago. I am always more than hydrated and only made minor adjustments to my diet to be more health aware. As the majority of cyclists seem to have done I have increased my carb and fibre intake (not by much) but I have started eating bannanas between meals instead and of chocolate or crisps, granola for breakfast (I never used to eat breakfast).

Either way this has led to me day in/day out letting rip on some serious PSI.

Any one else experienced this xD?

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Its a phenomenon that all new cyclists go through due to saddle chafing and overstimulating the rectal muscles causing them to spasm occasionally to in effect reset themselves as they too adjust to the rigours of cycling, kind of like your leg muscles aching the day after a long ride. The smell is due to the lower bowel having not had time to filter the gas out of and back into the bowel to make it less pungent, (passing the worst elements into your bladder to be expelled less smellily in the urine) before the gas is expelled by the rectal spasming. You'll find it goes away after 18months or so but don't try and light them the elements that cause odour are also rather incendiary.

vickster

Legendary Member
No idea. Could be because you are eating differently/more fibre. If worried, or you have diarrhoea or constipation, see a doctor...and avoid all human contact in the meantime. Perhaps actually try to be aware of people around you and go do your flatulent business in a toilet, don't be a sociopath ;)

Venod

Eh up
No idea. Could be because you are eating differently/more fibre. If worried, or you have diarrhoea or constipation, see a doctor...and avoid all human contact in the meantime. Perhaps actually try to be aware of people around you and go do your flatulent business in a toilet, don't be a sociopath ;)

If I dashed to the toilet every time I passed wind I would never get out of the house.

I do eat a lot of fiber fruit etc, drink a bit of beer, I don't see me changing my lifestyle to stop it, I have been cycling years so can't blame that.

I had a bout of diarrhea that went on a bit a couple of years ago so was sent for the camera up the bum, and all was well, some peoples systems just work different to others.

Use it to your advantage ;)

Bean-Power-Cycling--30902.jpeg

byegad

Legendary Member
It is likely nothing, but a chat with your GP should reassure you that nothing is amiss.

Try keeping a food diary for a week or two with columns honestly assessing your wind frequency and deadliness! You may be struggling to digest something.

That said I'm always fairly windy, although rarely do these as smell badly as you describe.

Top Bottom