Why Am I So Hungry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh we'll, I'm guessing I'm wrong for trying to help others with something I've tried and tested and it worked for me.
I guess in future i will just come in here and act like a child and just post sarcastic comments.

well, you're certainly doing a pretty good job of that at the moment....

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Actually i read it in mens fitness magazine, but im guessing you know more about this than everyone else, lucky you for knowing everything about nothing.
Which we all know, is a factual source of information. Much like the Daily Mail.

lulubel

Über Member
Try a high carb weekend every few weeks to boost your energy levels up, i read it somewhere on line and thought id give it a go and it worked for me.

If a high carb weekend is boosting your energy levels, then you're not eating enough carbs on a day to day basis to keep your glycogen levels topped up.

david k

Hi
Swap recovery carb food (post ride) for mainly proteins and a little fat, if you are feeling tired/muscles are sore.constantly hungry, your body is trying to build/repair muscle fibre and empty carbs (cereal), don't do anything for you.

Try a couple poached or boiled eggs, pint of milk, burger and salad (no roll), etc for a week after exercise and you will notice the difference.
yeh, sounds like this could be a lack of protein not carbs

Licramite

Über Member
recent pro gramme on tele about exercise (advocated a short max burst over prolonged exercise)
on food it showed how after exercise the body processes fat in food highly efficiently, so seams logical to eat high protein fat food after exercise as it at its most beneficial.

black & yellow & Vamp
don,t bother reply as we all know what your going to say - rubbish, your stupid , do you believe every bit of crap you see on the tele you must be a moron.ect , ect . more uninformed nonsense.
and such. (nothing personnel it just saves time this way)

lulubel

Über Member
recent programme on tele about exercise (advocated a short max burst over prolonged exercise)
on food it showed how after exercise the body processes fat in food highly effeciently, so seams lodgical to eat high protein fat food after exercise as it at its most benificial.

Can you remember what the programme was and what channel it was on? My purely subjective experience, based on me only (which means nothing in the overall grand scheme of things) is that my immediate recovery after a long, hard ride is much better - ie, I don't feel like sh1t for the rest of the day - if my post ride snacks/meals are relatively high in fat. I've never found anything to support that, although I admit I haven't looked very hard, and I assumed I was just weird.

VamP

Banned
recent programme on tele about exercise (advocated a short max burst over prolonged exercise)
on food it showed how after exercise the body processes fat in food highly effeciently, so seams lodgical to eat high protein fat food after exercise as it at its most benificial.

black & yellow & Vamp
don,t bother reply as we all know what your going to say - rubbish, your stupid , do you beleive every bit of crap you see on the tele you must be a moron.ect , ect . more uniform nonsense.
and such. (nothing personel it just saves time this way)

I don't think there's anything new or controversial about that. If you think I've treated you unfairly in the past, would you like to jog my memory, I'm drawing a blank...

Licramite

Über Member
Can you remember what the programme was and what channel it was on? My purely subjective experience, based on me only (which means nothing in the overall grand scheme of things) is that my immediate recovery after a long, hard ride is much better - ie, I don't feel like sh1t for the rest of the day - if my post ride snacks/meals are relatively high in fat. I've never found anything to support that, although I admit I haven't looked very hard, and I assumed I was just weird.

Sorry - it was called something like the truth about exercise,, but the basis of the programme was depending on your body make up depends on what sort of exercise benifits you, the guy (I think is a doctor) found prolonged exercise didn,t benifit him, but sort maxed out 20second burst several times in a row did. - what it did show was how the body processes fat, and after exercise the body processes it leaving far less in the blood to clog arteris so thens the time to eat it.

I can,t do the 20second burst as I have an underlying heart condition I have to build up slow to exercise else I fall over, Its all about getting the body to release certain chemicals that change the way the body works, - and gives you the high that comes from exercise.

Licramite

Über Member
I don't think there's anything new or controversial about that. If you think I've treated you unfairly in the past, would you like to jog my memory, I'm drawing a blank...

sorry I was over anticipating being slapped down which seams to happen when ever I post on a forum.
you clobbered Andy G , so I just expected to get it. - yes it as a bit unfair , sorry.

its just I find posts were its total content is - thats moronic crap you are so stupid - with no explination , pointless and time wasting. (not that you,ve said that)

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
sorry I was over anticipating being slapped down which seams to happen when ever I post on a forum.
you clobbered Andy G , so I just expected to get it. - yes it as a bit unfair , sorry.

its just I find posts were its total content is - thats moronic crap you are so stupid - with no explination , pointless and time wasting. (not that you,ve said that)

This post may end up being one of these instances you refer to but I am going to say it anyway.

Maybe there is a reason you get slapped down a lot. A quick hint, your post's often look like someone who does not speak English very well has spewed out everything in their head related to the topic of discussion (and some other random thoughts) onto the keyboard with little structure or concern for readability. Even if you have a good point, if it is muddled up amongst that mess, people are going to assume you are a bit of a dum dum. I would wager that if you just sat back after writing a post, read it back to yourself and took a little care to ensure it makes at least some sense, your posts would be better received. No need to go overboard with this, I am not saying the English needs to be perfect, but it is always nice to be able to read a post without just sitting thinking WTF does any of that mean!

I am not trying to offend you here, just suggesting why it might keep happening to you.

The difference is that statements like that deserve to be clobbered, because a) it didn't make sense and b) he couldn't provide any evidence to support it, or any science to explain it.

As for the TV prog - there was a Panorama back in the summer which covered sports products - there's a discussion about it here..

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/panorama-the-truth-about-sports-products.106535/

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
As for the TV prog - there was a Panorama back in the summer which covered sports products - there's a discussion about it here..

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/panorama-the-truth-about-sports-products.106535/

Completely different program by Michael Mosley

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01cywtq

Crankarm

Guru
Swap recovery carb food (post ride) for mainly proteins and a little fat, if you are feeling tired/muscles are sore.constantly hungry, your body is trying to build/repair muscle fibre and empty carbs (cereal), don't do anything for you.

Try a couple poached or boiled eggs, pint of milk, burger and salad (no roll), etc for a week after exercise and you will notice the difference.

Baked beanz on toast with a couple of fried eggs on top or 4 scrambled large eggs, gently fried spinach. Bootiful.

Top Bottom