Why Can't I get The Eurosport App on my Smart TV?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've got the Eurosport app on my PC and my laptop. When I get the channel through the media browser on my smart(?) TV I go through the rigmarole of typing in my email and password on the login screen, which it accepts. I then go to Live TV and the screen comes up ok, but when I click on whatever I want to watch I get sent to the screen which asks me if I want to subscribe :angry:

I can watch it by plugging the laptop into the set but that is a bit of a pain, any way I can get the TV to accept my login details? This is an urgent request as Phi 'n Paul are driving me up the wall with their crap commentary on C4.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Your TV is not a PC, it may not run the required software/plugins to watch the stream. Get a long HDMI cable or a chromecast to you can beam the image from your laptop. Then wonder why you paid extra for a smart tv that is not so smart.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Your TV is not a PC, it may not run the required software/plugins to watch the stream. Get a long HDMI cable or a chromecast to you can beam the image from your laptop. Then wonder why you paid extra for a smart tv that is not so smart.

Sometimes a smart TV won't even rum ITV player. The technology is far from foolproof.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I've got the Eurosport app on my PC and my laptop. When I get the channel through the media browser on my smart(?) TV I go through the rigmarole of typing in my email and password on the login screen, which it accepts. I then go to Live TV and the screen comes up ok, but when I click on whatever I want to watch I get sent to the screen which asks me if I want to subscribe :angry:

I can watch it by plugging the laptop into the set but that is a bit of a pain, any way I can get the TV to accept my login details? This is an urgent request as Phi 'n Paul are driving me up the wall with their crap commentary on C4.

Your TV would need to have the Eurosport App on it for you to watch it you cant run it from a browser because your TV has no way to install the plugins the way your PC can.

If you have a chromecast you could open eurosport on your PC in google chrome then "cast" it to your TV.

RitchieJoe

+1 for the chromecast, I hate cables running everywhere. If I do use the HDMI I set my display to extended so I can watch something on the Tv and still use the laptop as normal.

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I already use a HDMI cable from the laptop, it's not ideal but looks like it's the only option.

I did not pay extra for a smart TV, got it at a bargain price and it's handy for iplayer.

phil_hg_uk

+1 for the chromecast, I hate cables running everywhere. If I do use the HDMI I set my display to extended so I can watch something on the Tv and still use the laptop as normal.

The chromecast is great I have one on every TV I particularly like the offers they keep having I have had more free stuff than I paid for the chromecasts.

For anyone with a chromecast check here -> https://cast.google.com/chromecast/offers/ every so often the offers change and you can claim any of them you haven't claimed yet, you need to have the chromecast turned on so that it can be detected to check the offers.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A recent 'upgrade' to Eurosport Player once again f***ed it up - I have the same problem on my laptop! :cursing:

The good news (for me :whistle:) is that I have just bought a Smart TV which DOES have the Eurosport Player app and it works perfectly. Eurosport have also finally fixed the bug which made it too jerky to use on my tablet, and it works fine on my new phone, so 3 out of the 4 possible ways for me watch Eurosport now work.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I'm betting 'because you bought a Panasonic' the worst of the Smart TV's for being smart (spoken as the owner of a Panasonic). While all of the clever machines out there may look to be doing the same thing, they aren't (much as it pains the writers of Independence Day!). Specifically TV's, they are all doing their own funky thing behind the screen. Trust me, I know someone who used to work for the BBC programming iPlayer...

RitchieJoe

The chromecast is great I have one on every TV I particularly like the offers they keep having I have had more free stuff than I paid for the chromecasts.

For anyone with a chromecast check here -> https://cast.google.com/chromecast/offers/ every so often the offers change and you can claim any of them you haven't claimed yet, you need to have the chromecast turned on so that it can be detected to check the offers.

I didn't know I could claim more offers, I owe you a cold one:notworthy:

phil_hg_uk

I didn't know I could claim more offers, I owe you a cold one:notworthy:

No problem, you cant redeem the same offer twice but you can take advantage of new offers as they become available I usually check every couple of months I have had:

3 months of Google Music Unlimited for free
3 months of NOW TV Movies for free
3 months of NOW TV Entertainment for free
Various Free moves rentals
Free Movies
Free Music

and that's just the ones I can remember :okay:

Top Bottom