Why do I keep weighing myself

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
My weight can fluctuate 1-5lbs a day, no point daily weighing, although I do do it, hence knowing this :rolleyes:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't worry, the weight will go. Bit by bit. You'll get quicker bit by bit too.

stevey

Guru
Trust me the weight will go i started out last aug @ 16 stone coming up to a year on i now weigh 11st-9lbs.

The biggest factor in my loss was giving up alcohol and seriously reducing my carb intake i.e no bread,potatoes and no proccesed meats but also combining that with rigourous training on my MTB/ road bike.

I still have to watch what i eat to a degree but have a little bit more le-way if i want to treat myself.

Hope you continue and get to where you want to be it takes time but you will do it :thumbsup:

vickster

Legendary Member
But i don't see the point when there is such a big fluctuation. Weekly is better, even 2 weekly. Women's weight fluctuates much more generally anyhow

Tommy2

Über Member
Do you look like you've lost weight? Are you're measurements showing a downward trend, Arnold Schwarzenegger would have been classed as obese when he won mr Olympia based on his height and weight, I wouldn't mind being that kind of obese.
Based on BMI scale I am just inside my 'average' weight range.

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
I weigh myself first thing in a morning before I have eaten or drank anything and after I have had a number 1 and 2 (crude) which can add to the weight if not by nearly a kg !

snorri

Legendary Member
My theory.......
Cycling activity itself does little or nothing to achieve weight loss. What it does do is distances the rider from the biscuit box in the kitchen, thus reducing the frequency of snacking between meals which in turn leads to weight reduction.:smile:.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My theory.......
Cycling activity itself does little or nothing to achieve weight loss. What it does do is distances the rider from the biscuit box in the kitchen, thus reducing the frequency of snacking between meals which in turn leads to weight reduction.:smile:.
But it places the rider closer to the cafe and shops, where tempting treats may be purchased ... :whistle:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
If your nearly 20 stone and dont lose any weight despite starting regular cycling then you must be eating a huge amount of calories.

OP
OP
A11an

A11an

Regular
If your nearly 20 stone and dont lose any weight despite starting regular cycling then you must be eating a huge amount of calories.

I'm eating roughly 2000 calories a day, I want to lose weight and think 2000 and plenty of cycling will be ok and I should get results.

16 years ago I lost 5 stone on slimming world, it was great I lost 1 stone the first week and 5 - 8 pound every week after, I felt great and soon weighed 13.5 stone. Since then I've put on, done other diets yo yo'd and now I find no matter how hard I try its really slow, anyway weighed in this morning 5 lbs lighter so the head feels good now!

Top Bottom