Why do people hate Lance?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Back in the day I bought "It's not about the Bike" and like you I found it unreadable. As I recall it began "Hi, my name is Lance and I'm a complete nob", and said nothing else for the first twenty pages, after which I gave up. It was even more irritating that David Walsh's "Inside Team Sky". And that was really irritating, but at least I finished it.
I took my copy of Its Not About The Bike to a car boot sale and couldn't give it away. A bloke said that if I gave him a quid that he would take it. I used it to level off some shelves in the shed, in the end so it proved useful eventually

I took my copy of Its Not About The Bike to a car boot sale and couldn't give it away. A bloke said that if I gave him a quid that he would take it. I used it to level off some shelves in the shed, in the end so it proved useful eventually

They burn quite well, too.

keithmac

Guru
Ive just started reading this thread, thinking what an odd title, then more odd responses..

Read the date of the posts and it all made sense!.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
We must stop saying he has won 7 TdF as officially he hasn't as he cheated on every one of them. He was a druggie and a bully. He is not in the same league as Anquetil, Mercks, Hinault, Lemond and Indurrain.
The less said about him, the better.

We must stop saying he has won 7 TdF as officially he hasn't as he cheated on every one of them. He was a druggie and a bully. He is not in the same league as Anquetil, Mercks, Hinault, Lemond and Indurrain.
The less said about him, the better.
From that list of riders, only Lemond would pass my "not doped" test.

However, that daffodil Armstrong was/is a daffodil. And should only be remembered as such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Mig for me was doped

Big_Mac_hamburger.jpg

??:tongue:

Milzy

Guru
Not everybody dislikes him. In fact he had a huge loyal fan base. The only person who wasn't doping was Chris Boardman and he knew he'd no chance of keeping up so went on to do other things like hill climbing championships.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Not everybody dislikes him. In fact he had a huge loyal fan base. The only person who wasn't doping was Chris Boardman and he knew he'd no chance of keeping up so went on to do other things like hill climbing championships.
Had is the operative word there. He was a lying, bullying cheat and, even in his own autobiography, comes across as a self centered manipulative daffodil.
Not the flowery sort.

Top Bottom