Why Do People With Black Bikes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I made an attempt yesterday, ended up with chain cleaner spilt over cream carpet, and a subsequent dash to get stain remover. I need to befriend someone near by with a garden and a hose

Struggling cleaning my bike since I moved into the flat :sad:
baby wipes

It's not the same cleaning with wipes, doesn't get grime off chain like hose does
It cleans them better but can be more time consuming. The quickest way is to grip the chain with it and back pedal, then repeat with clean wipes (as many as need but if its done often fewer wipes will be needed). If done right it'll clean better than a hose and treat your chain/bike better.

AndyWilliams

Über Member
Clean mine after every ride, either with soapy water if muddy or Baby wipes or Detol wipes if dusty. In fact, I got a comment on how clean it was on my last ride with friends :laugh:

IMG_20150411_173219026_HDR_zpsspjlzjq6.jpg

Dark46

Veteran
I clean mine after every ride! Black definitely shoes the dirt

Attachments

• IMG_20150302_165611.jpg
    IMG_20150302_165611.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 33
I do that with a cloth the now, but doesn't seem to get the bits in the gaps out always as the hose would do
Try wipes they have better cleaning properties than a cloth (a moist) and if done often a wipe with them will remove the crud. If you've left it a while they will remove the crud but you have to be more particular and rigorous (feeding the wipe through links) which is more time consuming.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I do that with a cloth the now, but doesn't seem to get the bits in the gaps out always as the hose would do
You know it's time to reassign your ageing toothbrush to chain duties. Go on, your cassette teeth deserved it, you know they do!

I have been known to use an old electric toothbrush head and done a power cleaning job but using a shared motor might leave certain family members open mouthed. Or, come to think of it, firmly closed mouthed....

Top Bottom